Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my surface pro 3 when connected to MRD is only showing less than a third of the screen - the mouse pointer is acting as if the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bill Ra, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Bill Ra Win User

Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue

For some reason my surface pro 3 when connected to MRD is only showing less than a third of the screen - the mouse pointer is acting as if the whole screen is maximized though. I have noticed when I turn on the surface and unlock it the screen is the same size (1/3) for a few seconds while it is unlocking then maximizes - what is causing this? It is driving me crazy trying to figure it out

Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue 237b1532-c484-447e-b0b0-5b82eeb3caef?upload=true.jpg

Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen

:)

Bill Ra, Sep 11, 2018

2. Issues with the display of the Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the display of the surface pro. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the Display settings prior to this issue?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers on the system from the manufacturing website and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to uninstall the Display Drivers.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Display driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer and install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    I also suggest you to refer the link on How do I fix desktop app display issues? For Surface and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...indows-store/app-display-issues?os=windows-10

Hope this helps regarding the display of the surface. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 11, 2018
  3. labeeman Win User
    Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...

More

labeeman, Sep 11, 2018
  4. David Snc Win User

Remote desktop Windows 10 - Display issues

I also have the same issue on Surface Pro 3. Has worked fine with Windows 8.1, but garbled (genrally OK at initial log on, but redering gets rapidly worse with each screen update).

I've been using the newer Remote Desktop app, but have also tried the newer "Preview Remote Desktop" from the store. Both were the same, but now Preview doesn't open ?

I'll try UltraVNC until Microsoft resolve.

David Snc, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Display Issue - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Microsoft

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Remote Desktop + External Display Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop + External Display Issues: I am logging into a remote desktop with an external display but the remote desktop session won't display correctly on my external display the screen 'spills over' onto my laptop screen. The only way i can get it to work is if i disable my laptop screen but i want to use...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  6. Microsoft Surface pro 3 WiFi connectivity issue WIN10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface pro 3 WiFi connectivity issue WIN10: I am having a huge problem with my wifi driver, it is the Marvell Avastar one. I have tried uninstalling the driver then resetting and the driver is up to date however still NOTHING. Here is the driver info Name: WiFi Description:...
  7. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  9. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro display drivers remote desktop

2. surface pro 3 remote display

3. remote screen display surface pro 3

4. surface pro 3 rdp,
  5. remote display surfacepro 3,
  6. windows surface pro rdc issues