Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidYates24, May 6, 2019.

1. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used.

:)

DavidYates24, May 6, 2019
  2. jwratsm Win User

Dock Station for Surface Pro 4 and 3

I just bought a dock station for surface pro 4 and surface pro 3. I was able to use it for a week. And then just this morning, the USB ports are not working. Whenever I insert my wireless mouse or external SSD card, they cannot be detected. I tried the
    headphone jack, it is working. Can you help me please.

I was even planning to buy a second one for my office. But this happened.

jwratsm, May 6, 2019
  3. TimStone Win User
    SP 3, Docking Station, HDMI Output, Windows 10

Ahh ...

But this is a Surface Pro 3, and I only have one, so there is no way to "try a different computer".

However, the docking station:

• Supplies power to the SP3
    • Supplies the connected ( line in ) internet to the SP3
    • The USB ports work properly on the docking station and can be viewed on the SP3
    So, by a process of elimination, the only thing that does not work is the video port on the SP3 since the cable works when plugged into the SP3, but not when plugged into the docking station. Everything else is as it should be.

Perhaps I might point out one other small contradiction to your response. If you look at this forum, although my specific problem is not referenced, there are several reports of problems using external monitors with the docking station ... so to say it
    has no problems may be quite inaccurate.

Perhaps someone else can provide suggestions for what I can check. And yes, it did work fine with Windows 8.1.

Tim

TimStone, May 6, 2019
  4. cepharum Win User

Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

Audio not working through a docking station

Stumbling over this issue using Surface 3 Pro in a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro-compatible docking station. I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. The docking station was shipped after upgrading, it's all new ... while docked I can use headphone
    jack of Surface 3 pro (in top left corner of device's frame), but using headphone jack of docking station doesn't work. There is no "Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device" recognized and thus I can't configure it using audio manager.

However, on undocking and redocking device some problem with recognizing recently attached USB device pops up informing about Windows having failed to recognize some new USB device.

My keyboard and mouse are both attached to USB port of docking station and either is functioning properly. So this driver issue doesn't seem to be related to supporting USB of docking station in general.

cepharum, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

1. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Docking

2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 5 with Docking Station V2: I had a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop with TB4 docking station, all that was needed was one power supply from the docking station and the TB4 cable to the laptop and everything was charging okNow with the Surface Laptop 5, I need 2 power supplies, 1 for the docking station and...
  3. Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...: Surface Pro i7Docking StationWindows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1766If I drop the keyboard so I can see the built-in monitor it has a resolution of 1920x1200. and the same is true for the attached external monitor. When I raise the keyboard close it the resolution of...
  4. Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...: Surface Pro i7Docking StationWindows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1766If I drop the keyboard so I can see the built-in monitor it has a resolution of 1920x1200. and the same is true for the attached external monitor. When I raise the keyboard close it the resolution of...
  5. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  7. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Surface pro 4 additional screen only connects via docking station. Minidisplay port on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 additional screen only connects via docking station. Minidisplay port on...: End of October my SP4 connected to external monitors via the minidisplay port on the SP. This was after 14/10/2019 update => 2019-10 Cumulative updates for .NET Framework 3.3 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64 (KB4524100) on 07/11/2019 update =>2019-10 Cumulative...
  9. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  10. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...