Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been following the Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working for some time and it seems unresolved for many as well as myself. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by psg73, Feb 13, 2019.

1. psg73 Win User

Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting

Hello, I have been following the Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working for some time and it seems unresolved for many as well as myself.

I have tried all the recommended methods from MS and contributors and even purchased a new cover thinking it may be hardware related but without success.

I would like to propose this is being caused or impacted by the auto rotate and also the tablet mode functions.

When I disable both of these the problem does not reappear except for when the auto rotate attempts to engage, which it does try often.

How do we permanently disable auto rotate?

Opinions and guidance are welcome.

Help please.

Thanks,

Paul

:)

psg73, Feb 13, 2019
  2. hawkEYE99 Win User

Surface pro 3 auto rotate not working after Windows 10 Creator Update

I noticed that after the Windows 10 Creator Update, the auto-rotate feature on my Surface Pro 3 stopped working when I switched into tablet mode. When I have the type cover attached, the rotation lock button is greyed out (which is no big deal), but when
    I remove the type cover and switch to tablet mode, the rotation lock button becomes active. I've double checked to make sure rotation lock is off, and the screen still won't auto-rotate when the surface is in tablet mode. I've restarted the surface and ran
    the troubleshooter suggested by the microsoft website, with no luck. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated, thanks.

hawkEYE99, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Surface pro 3 auto rotate not working after Windows 10 Creator Update

Why would you want Auto rotate to work with the Type Cover attached? Thats intended behavior.

I just tried this, I detached my Type Cover from Surface Pro 3, then a notification appeared 'Auto rotate is on' and the rotation lock in Action Center is no longer grayed out.

Reattached it and its grayed out again.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting

Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting

1. Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Cover Not Working - auto rotate and tablet mode impacting - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Keyboard

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working: I've found a fix that wasn't mentioned on any of the other support tickets about Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working.I tried restarting with volume button and power button - no luckI tried uninstalling keyword in device manager - no luckI did a...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working: I've found a fix that wasn't mentioned on any of the other support tickets about Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working.I tried restarting with volume button and power button - no luckI tried uninstalling keyword in device manager - no luckI did a...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet Keyboard Cover loses focus if used in conjunction with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet Keyboard Cover loses focus if used in conjunction with...: I have a MS Surface Pro keyboard cover with fingerprint ID purchased together with MS Surfact Pro 7 tablet. All was well until I purchased a MS Curve Mouse. Now, if the mouse is switched on and the keyboard has not been clicked recently it can be just for a few seconds the...
  5. Tablet Mode and Auto-rotate driving me insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tablet Mode and Auto-rotate driving me insane: Windows 10 Home Lenovo L390 Tablet Mode automatically enables when the laptop is on a specific part of my desk. At first I thought the laptop's keyboard was faulty. Then Tablet Mode automatically enabled one day and I noticed the On-Screen Keyboard appearing on the...
  6. Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue

Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  7. Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue

Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  8. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  9. Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers

Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers: Hello, I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1). I quickly noticed that the auto-rotate feature within the tablet mode was no longer functional. After some light research, I found that this could be a driver issue. My wife has the...
  10. Surface Pro 4: closing type cover activates tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: closing type cover activates tablet mode: I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Surface Dock hooked to an external monitor (via DisplayPort) and a keyboard & mouse. When I close the type cover on the Surface, it automatically activates Tablet Mode. Now, I know I can change the behavior to make Windows 10 ask me what to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto rotate problems on tablet keyboard

2. surface pro 3 keyboard flip not recognized

3. suraface pro type keyboard and rotation not working

4. surface pro3 keyboard driver port not working,
  5. surface 3 rotation not working,
  6. make surface keyboard work while sideways