Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cluelass, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cluelass Win User

Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but folded under as I hold it on my lap. This means that whenever I need to type I simply tap the screen and the online keyboard pops up. In Windows 8.1, this just happened with no problems.

However, in Windows 10, the pop up is a line with some boxes to the right. I have to click on the keyboard icon and then click on the keyboard I want to use. This may not sound like a big deal but when you are going back and forth between programs and the internet typing heavily, this can be very frustrating. I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

:)

cluelass, Aug 2, 2015
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4, two docking stations, two external monitors, keyboards and bluetooth mice.

Up until two weeks ago, everything worked great. (since December)

Then, (after an update) the Surface Pro 4 monitor does not go full screen. There is a wide black border and it has to be extended each time.

I put the Surface Pro 4 on the Pro 3 dock and same thing. (Yes, they are the identical dock, monitor and keyboard)

Surface Pro 3 works great on both docks so it is not the docks, monitors or cables.

This is getting frustrating.

JackRodenburg, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

1. Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Online

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3: My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't sleep with the lid closed. I have gone to the power settings menu to discover all of the settings are blank. However, when i click the drop down menus they are all empty. Is there a fix for this? -CButler12...
  3. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  4. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  5. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  6. Surface pro 3 videocapturefilecreationfail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3 videocapturefilecreationfail: My integrated camera won't save photos or video. It works to create a Microsoft profile picture and in video chat programs. Updated drivers, checked privacy settings, recreated "camera roll", all updates current.. Out of ideas. Thanks for any new suggestions....
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Ok, so I had someone give me a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It has a cracked screen. He also gave me a keyboard/mouse, so i can still use it. I disabled the touch part of it through Device Manager. I'm looking for a replacement screen, but I do not know what LCD/Digitizer Screen...
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Surface pro 3 driver_powe_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 3 driver_powe_state_failure: I would love to get some help with surface pro 3 restarting in sleep mode. After waking up from sleep, surface is fully restarted. This happens once in 2-3 days. I have LG25UM and Unitek USB3 with Gigabit Etherner HUB connected and surface is plugged in. I attached SF...
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...