Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cluelass, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cluelass Win User

Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but folded under as I hold it on my lap. This means that whenever I need to type I simply tap the screen and the online keyboard pops up. In Windows 8.1, this just happened with no problems.

However, in Windows 10, the pop up is a line with some boxes to the right. I have to click on the keyboard icon and then click on the keyboard I want to use. This may not sound like a big deal but when you are going back and forth between programs and the internet typing heavily, this can be very frustrating. I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

:)

cluelass, Aug 2, 2015
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4, two docking stations, two external monitors, keyboards and bluetooth mice.

Up until two weeks ago, everything worked great. (since December)

Then, (after an update) the Surface Pro 4 monitor does not go full screen. There is a wide black border and it has to be extended each time.

I put the Surface Pro 4 on the Pro 3 dock and same thing. (Yes, they are the identical dock, monitor and keyboard)

Surface Pro 3 works great on both docks so it is not the docks, monitors or cables.

This is getting frustrating.

JackRodenburg, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

1. Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Online

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working: Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working. The keyboard is working fine except the arrow keys. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard-arrow-keys-are-not-working/9b093fe9-ca0a-4405-b87e-0ed4e62d55a3
  5. Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working: Surface Pro 3 keyboard arrow keys are not working. The keyboard is working fine except the arrow keys. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard-arrow-keys-are-not-working/9b093fe9-ca0a-4405-b87e-0ed4e62d55a3
  6. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...
  7. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  8. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  9. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  10. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f