Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issues that it seems MANY people have also had. My Surface Pro 3 only works when plugged in and when I remove AC power, it shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarlosStewart, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

Hello, I am having an issues that it seems MANY people have also had. My Surface Pro 3 only works when plugged in and when I remove AC power, it shuts off immediately. It reads "0% available (plugged in, not charging)." I have read countless threads on with this issues and I have tried all of the fixes. I know that I am late to troubleshooting thread(s) but this seems to have happened after an update. I just powered up my Surface after a while of not using it. Has there been a fix issued for this? I see the other threads have be locked for sine reason. Running Windows 10

:)

CarlosStewart, Oct 17, 2018

2. surface pro plug in but not charge

after recent upgade, my surface pro could be charged

often show plug in but no charging or even not detect the power sorce after plug in

VincentWenVW, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 3 battery display stuck at 99%

I completed the update from 8/29 available from the following links -

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/pro-3-battery-faq?os=windows-10&=undefined

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ck-at-99/be513799-d766-4ac2-aac2-24e2c4f23103

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...pro-3-update-history?os=windows-10&=undefined

• v38.10.90.0 corrects an error that may occur on a limited number of Surface Pro 3 devices where the full charge capacity of the battery is misreported to the operating system and device firmware. This update corrects the firmware component that functions
      as a "fuel gauge" so that the battery capacity is accurately reported. See Surface Pro 3 Battery FAQ for the 8/29/2016 System Firmware Update for more
      information.
    And the steps to start and restart twice after the installation.

I have used my Surface Pro 3 regularly and have had a total of 5 charging cycles.

I just installed the update on my affected Surface Pro 3. What should I expect now?

After you install the update and restart your Surface Pro 3 a second time, you'll immediately be able to start using it on battery again. Over the next five charge and discharge cycles, the gauge will stabilize
    as it relearns the actual battery capacity in your Surface Pro 3.

However my Surface Pro 3 battery icon still displays 99% battery life constantly and then shuts down unexpectidly without warning.

HELLO. MICROSOFT - The UPDATE did NOT work!

Is there any other resolution to this problem?

I have also completed factory resets of my device in the past as well as checking for updates to the battery drivers.

All of which have provided me no resolution to this persistent problem.

Its greatly frustrating!

Please help!

LauraW7514, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (20 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Pro 3 update history

Brink, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

1. Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Plugged

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. SURFACE 3 won't hold charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SURFACE 3 won't hold charge: after windows update, my SURFACE 3 won't hold a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-3-wont-hold-charge/7f2f8193-737b-4e2c-a4e6-18c87aa616d3
  5. Surface pro charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro charging: I have a surface pro and after a period the connection between che charger and the device got worse and now it doesn’t work anymore. This happened also last year and then sunstituded my device, and now same problem with the new one. I changed charger many times. Did this ever...
  6. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  8. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  9. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 3 with Simplo Batteries barely hold charge: If you have a Surface Pro 3 and your battery life has been failing to live up to expectations, you are not alone. Based on a thread in the Microsoft Answer forums and a few tips from readers, those who have devices with the Simplo batteries in them are quickly finding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 plugged in not charging

2. surface pro 3 not charging

3. surface 3 plugged in not charging

4. surface pro 4 plugged in not charging,
  5. surface pro not charging when plugged in,
  6. sp3 dont charge,
  7. surface pro 3 charger loc:US,
  8. surface pro 3 battery plugged in not charging,
  9. surface 3 not charging plugged in,
  10. surface pro plugged in not charging,
  11. surface 3 not charging,