Windows 10: SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Discus and support SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore. I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottPlatt1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

:)

ScottPlatt1, Oct 15, 2018
  2. aheinlein Win User

Windows 10 factory recovery image for Surface Pro 3

I have a Windows 8 factory recovery image (download from MS site) for my Surface Pro 3. Is there a Windows 10 factory, official, recovery image for my Surface Pro 3?

aheinlein, Oct 15, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 15, 2018
  4. TONYOSO87 Win User

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Reset surface pro 3

I cant seem to reset my surface pro 3 after upgrading to windows 10.

TONYOSO87, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

1. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM - Similar Threads - SURFACE PRO RESET

2. Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop: I've completed a factory reset to clear the data off my sons Surface 3.I am now stuck on a loop, there a problem preventing us getting your 9V ready. I can't hard wire to the Internet as no ethernet port but have tried using both my Virgin network and my mesh network and we...
  3. Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings: Hi, Since I no longer use my surface Pro for my business, I want to reset the device and start from scratch. I'm not nervous about doing this and understand it might take a while for the system to update the latest patches, but I can live with that. I am twitchy about...
  4. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...
  5. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  6. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  7. No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10: My surface would not restart so I did factory reset. While I had no issues prior to reset, I can connect to Wi-Fi, hot-spot & Ethernet, but have no internet. No issues with other devices, so it is isolated to Surface Pro. Tried: Uninstalling Drivers & restarting...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset

Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset: So, I've been needing to factory reset my laptop because it had issues in internet connection. And I did start factory resetting my laptop last night at 6pm and since then, my laptop has been looping over the restarting circle animation with the Microsoft logo again and...
  9. Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1

Cannot Factory Reset Surface Pro 1: I found my surface after it being lost for a year. It is connected to a Microsoft account that I have since deleted. I tried to recover the account but Microsoft says it doesn't recognize iteven though my surface is pulling it up. I tried to reset and fully clean the drive in...
  10. Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7: I did a factory reset on my Surface to erase my work account. From all looks it seems fine. But I can not click on the start menu and see any apps I can't type in the search field, or basically do anything. When I open edge it opens and then closes. But if I right click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 3 pro will not reset

2. why am i getting windows hello error on dell laptop after resetting surface pro 3 to factory settings

3. restore surface pro 3 reset error

4. why surface pro 3 stop updating windows after resetting,
  5. reset surface 3 to factory default,
  6. surface pro reset problem,
  7. surface pro reset to factory default problem,
  8. reset surface pro 3 factory error,
  9. surface pro reset to factory default,
  10. reset surface pro 3 to factory default,
  11. surface pro after reset issue,
  12. surface pro 3 wont boot cmd reset,
  13. windows surface pro 3 reset,
  14. surface 3. factory reset software,