Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanOlayvar, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port

I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I take the surface to a different port and plug it in it works, if I get a different surface and plug it in to the port I am working with it works. Its only when the surface I am working with is plugged into that specific port, that it doesn't work. I need this surface plugged into this port, I can't plug it in anywhere else.

I have tried updating drivers, changing the dock, and also plugging in a USB to Ethernet adapter to bypass the dock. Nothing has worked. I also can't just get a different Surface because I don't have another surface with Win 10 on it. I need to have this Surface connected to this port but it will not work.

:)

IanOlayvar, Nov 30, 2015

2. Switching Between WiFi and Ehternet Connections

I usually use WiFi to connect my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro to the internet. However, on occasion I prefer to have a direct connection using a USB to Ethernet adapter directly a port on my router. While I was running Windows 8.1, when I disconnected
    the adapter the Surface reverted back to WiFi automatically, now with Windows 10 I seem to have to reboot to regain WiFi access - without rebooting there are no available WiFi networks showing with notice that no wireless networks are available.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem

Mr Markham, Nov 30, 2015
  3. windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings windows 10

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the links below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...to-a-wireless-network?os=windows-8.1-update-1

Connect Surface to a wireless network:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...to-a-wireless-network?os=windows-8.1-update-1

Install wireless drivers on Surface Pro models, Surface Book, or Surface 3:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...tall-wireless-drivers?os=windows-8.1-update-1

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port

1. Surface Pro 3 will not connect to network on specific network port - Similar Threads - Surface Pro connect

2. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  3. Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 - ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  4. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  5. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  6. "Can't Connect To This Network" one specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Can't Connect To This Network" one specific network: The situation is as such, out of the blue the connection cut off and I was no longer able to reconnect to the wifi. I am able to connect to other networks through wifi, it is only this one particular network that I am unable to connect to. I have tried searching for fixes and...
  7. Surface Pro Wants Password to Connect to Network

Surface Pro Wants Password to Connect to Network: I have a new Surface Pro Go that I want to connect to an existing LAN. When I select a computer for it to connect to, it wants a 'Username" and password. But what username and password? Is the 'Username' the name of the router, and the password its password? This new Surface...
  8. Can't connect to a specific network

Can't connect to a specific network: Hello, So I tried all the ways to connect to my home network using my laptop but all ended with failures, I could connect to other wifis though, I could connect to my home network from the laptop by using wifi bridge from my cellphone. So it doesn't appeal to me that it's a...
  9. Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection: For the past 2-3 weeks, my Surface 3 Pro has been dropping my hotspot connection in favor of a hidden network that isn't mine and I don't want to use. Any ideas on how to keep this from happening? Thanks!...
  10. Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158

Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158: I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to build 10158 today, and I have no network. Under device manager, they are installed properly. I have tried using the Microsoft USB adapter, and the device shows as installed, but under Network Connections, no adapter is visible - no wireless,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 will only connect on 1809