Windows 10: Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery

Discus and support Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not sure if I have this in the right forum/area. I have a Surface Pro 3, which after the last update started in the Automatic Repair loop. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelHealy4, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery

Not sure if I have this in the right forum/area. I have a Surface Pro 3, which after the last update started in the Automatic Repair loop. I have tried to reset/recover the surface, I have the BitLocker Key, but I then get prompted for a password. I have been using a PIN Login for a while on this tablet, so I am not sure what "password" it needs. I have tried all the passwords that I had listed in my password vault none worked. Does anyone know how the PIN authentication works, with regards to passwords, or of a way to reset this device. As stated I have tried, reset, recover, even tried to uninstall the previous update, all prompt me for a password that I don't appear to have.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks

Mike

:)

MichaelHealy4, Jul 16, 2019

2. Surface 3 stuck in automatic repair loop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

From the issue description I Understand that your surface 3 is stuck in automatic repair loop.

I understand how frustrating this would be when thing don't work like as expected.

Before going to store I would suggest you to perform the mentioned troubleshooting and check if it helps:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...wont-turn-on-windows-wont-start?os=windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...covery/windows-stops-responding?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Please get back to us to update the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Jul 16, 2019
  3. larry Win User
    larry, Jul 16, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery

HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery

1. Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 - Automatic Repair Loop/Recovery - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Automatic

2. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015: My Surface pro 3 has not been used for a long time, at least 3 years and it's missing a lot of updates. Once I finally charged it today, the Automatic repair screen appeared. I have been trying to get out of the never ending loop for the past 2 hours. Whatever I try, nothing...
  3. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015: My Surface pro 3 has not been used for a long time, at least 3 years and it's missing a lot of updates. Once I finally charged it today, the Automatic repair screen appeared. I have been trying to get out of the never ending loop for the past 2 hours. Whatever I try, nothing...
  4. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3

Windows 10 Pro Recovery on the Surface Laptop 3: I upgraded my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro soon after I got it. I am now in need of a recovery image but all of the .zip files say they are for Windows Home, could I use them with my Windows 10 Pro product or would I need to download something else?...
  7. windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3

windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3: hi, I would like to know if I download one windows 10 recovery image for surface pro 3 by using one surface pro serial number only can I install that recovery image on multiple surface pro 3 and activate windows using different serial number? because we have over 900...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop Windows 10 Pro

Automatic Repair Loop Windows 10 Pro: I have an issue with Automatic repair loop Windows 10 Pro when restarting laptop. Currently running laptop in safe mode. Problem persists only while restarting the laptop in which case I have to boot the laptop through safe mode. Once in safe mode, if I shut down normally...
  9. Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop Automatic Repair Loop: My laptop has been stuck in this automatic repair loop for several days. It starts with a black screen saying “preparing automatic repair... diagnosing your PC” and then i get a blue screen that says something like “automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC”. I called customer...
  10. Day 3 of automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Day 3 of automatic repair loop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Huntress08 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/djm83i/day_3_of_automatic_repair_loop/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 automatic repair loop