Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 / 5 users

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 / 5 users in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks Forget the expense --it's the lightness and convenience of this I like (andIMO it's better by far than the equivalent Macbook - but that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Sep 29, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Surface Pro 4 / 5 users

Hi folks
    Forget the expense --it's the lightness and convenience of this I like (andIMO it's better by far than the equivalent Macbook - but that's everyone's choice though).

What I really would like to know (going / considering an i7 model) --is the single USB 3 slot enough via a powered hub to drive 3 / 4 concurrently connected external USB HDD's - those passport types .

I'm currently in the market for a new laptop but I like the form factor and convenience of the surface pro - and I can get ISL keyboard too which is a bit more convienient than using UK one with some isl characters re-mapped.

the show stopper would be if I couldn't connect around 3 external HDD's - using a decent powered hub.

Appreciate any comments from people who have used these things -- also what's the output like on large monitor -- really would like full UHD and possibility to connect to WIRELESS display.

I know there are good laptop deals to be had but with airlines etc getting stingy on baggage and horrendous charges for storing in hold I think the surface pro is the way to go.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 29, 2017
  2. MarioDAP Win User

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter not visible in Surface Pro 4 (windows 10)

So we are out of luck for surface pro 4 users? is there any work around?

MarioDAP, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 computer won't wake up after sleep

1. Surface pro 3 has option ok an magnetic keyboard aka typeCOVER

2. No I didn't turn off computer

3.surface pro 3 has no external lights.

4. When series of buttons pushed was with and without power cord attached which is the only light and it blinks

5. computer is non-responsive it might as well be dead

Surface Pro 3 does not have an external battery

Meet the New Surface Pro – Ultra-light and Versatile – Surface

msJennAllen, Sep 29, 2017
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 / 5 users

1. Surface Pro 4 / 5 users - Similar Threads - Surface Pro users

2. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  3. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  4. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  5. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304