Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Nov 20, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike pre-1511.

I had read about this on the web but finally bit the bullet and contacted Microsoft support via chat to work the issue. After extensive troubleshooting, most of what I had already done, the agent finally acknowledged the following towards the end of the chat (even though I had specifically asked the question at the beginning of the chat):
    ME:Are there reports of this issue in your knowledge base?
    Microsoft Agent: Yes we have it in our knowledge base and I would like to assure you that we are aware of it and Microsoft is currently in the process of developing updates that will fix this issue. We are to release new updates that will enhance the performance of the device specifically with the battery.
    Me: When is the fix expected?
    Microsoft Agent: We don't have specific date yet but I will personally monitor it for you and will send you follow up emails about it. I'm gonna make sure that you'll be one of the first valued customers who will get this update once it's available.

Further, the overheating issue was confirmed to be related:

Me: One more thing -- we didn't discuss the fact that the device gets far hotter than usual, but my research show that is a result of the battery issue we've discussed. Is that true?
    Microsoft Agent: Yes that's correct. Since the battery consumption is not normal than before, it affects the fan to run faster and release a heat.

So this is at least a formal, now written acknowledgement of the issue, something that is only hinted at in various sources on the web.

:)

PJLLB, Nov 20, 2015

2. Battery drained in sleep mode in Windows 10

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 laptop (Windows 10).

Whenever I keep my laptop in sleep mode for a few hours, it drains my laptop battery.

I use my Surface pro 4 for business and I need the sleep mode to by operational.

I hope Microsoft will solve this issue soon.

Thank you.

RenaudREQUISTON, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Wifi not turning off while on sleep

Hi,

My Surface Pro 4 doesn't shut down the wifi after I put it on sleep even though I changed the battery settings to always disconnect from network while n battery and asleep.

How can I solve this as my battery keeps getting drained.

Thanks

Curiousnomad, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

1. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Battery

2. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  3. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  4. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running on Windows 10 Home when closing the lid putting it in sleep mode, not hibernation. The problem seems to mainly appear after having it connected to an HDMI device/beamer. The laptop experiences a significant...
  6. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  7. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Laptop, with the Core i5 and 8gb RAM. When I close the lid, putting it into sleep mode, the battery still drains quite a lot. For example, if I leave it in sleep over night, the battery can easily go down by 30% or more. During use, the...
  8. Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?: I am getting frustrated with this issue, really suffer. Further to the response by Edd in the post link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-pro-4-huge-battery-drain-whilst-off/9ff401f4-d4b7-4ea6-8de1-54953d38f76c I do have the same issue raised by...
  9. heating and battery draining issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    heating and battery draining issues.: Hello, after October update my laptop is getting heat and draining more battery. Task manager shows hing cpu usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heating-and-battery-draining-issues/f965214f-c30e-4a59-8e93-96dd704900f4
  10. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...