Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am getting frustrated with this issue, really suffer. Further to the response by Edd in the post link:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wayne.Chan, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

I am getting frustrated with this issue, really suffer.

Further to the response by Edd in the post link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-pro-4-huge-battery-drain-whilst-off/9ff401f4-d4b7-4ea6-8de1-54953d38f76c
    I do have the same issue raised by RussellChandler, bought this Surface Pro 4 for its convenient but end up suffering on it's battery performance. I did charged it to 100% a night before and plan to use it during a travel, but it won't able to start up at the end. Since then I just realized Surface Pro 4 will simply drained out the battery from 70% to 0% in 1 day even it was shut down completely.

Current OS version on Surface Pro 4

Edition : Windows 10 Pro
    Version : 1903
    Installed on : 6/10/2019
    BIOS : 108.2706.768 04/18/2019
    OS Build : 18362.418
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6650U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21GHz
    RAM : 8.00GB

Usage on Surface Pro 4

Usually, checking on emails and web browsing. Occasionally, editing photos, running design software.

Application

Usually, Outlook, Chrome, Sportify. Occasionally, Photoshop, StaadPro

Battery Report
    Battery report

COMPUTER NAME

WAYNEC

SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME

Microsoft Corporation Surface Pro 4

BIOS

108.2706.768 04/18/2019

OS BUILD

18362.1.amd64fre.19h1_release.190318-1202

PLATFORM ROLE

Slate

CONNECTED STANDBY

Supported

REPORT TIME

2019-12-0422:38:56

Installed batteries
    Information about each currently installed battery
    NAME X910527
    MANUFACTURER SMP
    SERIAL NUMBER 15261
    CHEMISTRY LION
    DESIGN CAPACITY 38,152 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 29,362 mWh
    CYCLE COUNT 141
    Recent usage
    Power states over the last 3 days
    2019-12-0322:56:22
    Active​
    Battery​
    100 %​
    34,215 mWh​
    2019-12-0422:38:55
    Report generated​
    Battery​
    70 %​
    24,120 mWh​
    Battery usage
    Battery drains over the last 3 days
    2019-12-0322:56:22
    Active​
    23:42:32​
    30 %​
    10,095 mWh​
    I have tried lot of methods to check and troubleshoot the issue, such as uninstall and reinstall battery driver, troubleshooting power settings, updated Windows, etc. I have purposely shut down completely at 70% charged battery on 3/12/2019, and today (4/12/2019), it turns back to 0%. Non of them are helping up the issue, the battery will just drained out by it own, without using it.

Microsoft really need to take serious actions into the resolution, people bought this for thousands of dollars for sake of convenience but end up useless without charger all the time. Hopefully Microsoft are taking up the responsibility to resolve the issue as soon as possible for all the Surface Pro 4 owners.

:)

Wayne.Chan, Dec 4, 2019
  2. superjose Win User

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Dec 4, 2019
  3. surface pro 4 battery drains while completely shut down

What can be done about a Surface Pro 4 battery that drains even when it's shut down and does not have the cover attached. Mine loses 15% power in 12 hours.

RickJahnkow, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Shawn Win User

Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening? [​IMG]

(sleep report):

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening?

1. Surface Pro 4 battery drained out while its off. Why is this happening? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro battery

2. Why is newly bought and updated Surface Pro 8 battery draining overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is newly bought and updated Surface Pro 8 battery draining overnight?: I put it to sleep and it was only 18 percent, but I notice that it drains my battery by quite a lot. I opened up my surface pro this morning and it was already out of battery, does anyone else have this issue and if so is there a way to resolve this? Is there a way to make...
  3. Why is newly bought and updated Surface Pro 8 battery draining overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is newly bought and updated Surface Pro 8 battery draining overnight?: I put it to sleep and it was only 18 percent, but I notice that it drains my battery by quite a lot. I opened up my surface pro this morning and it was already out of battery, does anyone else have this issue and if so is there a way to resolve this? Is there a way to make...
  4. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  5. Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] @ Microsoft. Please kind advise on the above issues and get it resolved. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-microsoft-edge-is-draining-the/5df6ab37-05bb-4307-af9a-3fdf16f8d486
  6. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...
  7. Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)

Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF): So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...
  8. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  9. Surface Book battery drain while turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book battery drain while turned off: As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!! I ran a powecfg...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating: I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 battery drain when off

2. fix surface pro 4 battery drain on shutdown

3. surface 4 battery drain when shut down

4. does battery decharge while surface is off,
  5. surface pro 4 battery drain off,
  6. surface pro4 shutdown battery drain,
  7. surface 4 drain battery while off,
  8. my surface pro 4 bettery drains when off,
  9. surface completely drained out battery,
  10. design capacity 38152