Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Battery issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Silencious, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding any charge after 24 hrs. I have followed the trouble shooting microsoft webpage,from holding the power button down for 30 secs, to holding the power button and volume up button till the surface screen appears, to unistalling the battery drivers from device manager. I also did the battery test bat file from microsoft but it doesn't show any issues.

Do I need a new battery and who do you recomend as I live in the UK and purchased the surface 2017 from currys?

:)

Silencious, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues

Read more: Surface Pro 3 Dogged by New Battery Issues - Thurrott.com

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues [​IMG]
    Tip How to Generate Report of Battery Usage in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

1. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Battery

2. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  3. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...
  5. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  6. Battery Issues on Surface Pro

Battery Issues on Surface Pro: Hi all, recently i just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 6 i5 8GB RAM, this laptop/tablet is extremely versatile and great. The only particular problems i am having now is the battery issue. I was just watching some youtube and the battery was draining like crazy. It went...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  8. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169