Windows 10: Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power...

Discus and support Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It happened on June 18th, 2021. I was working on my Surface Pro 4 in the morning. Before lunch, I started the 1909 update and had it installed. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samuel_ByTheBay, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power...

It happened on June 18th, 2021. I was working on my Surface Pro 4 in the morning. Before lunch, I started the 1909 update and had it installed. After lunch, when I turn the Surface back on, the battery indicator showed "255% available..." and the Surface no longer work without the adapter plugged in.Since then, I've reinstalled Windows 10, wiped the Surface clean to factory default, reinstalled all firmware updates I downloaded from Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center... Nothing helped.I searched the internet and found out that there are people h

:)

Samuel_ByTheBay, Jun 29, 2021
  2. phlatlyn Win User

Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update

My surface pro 4 shows 255% battery after update and runs really slow. Ive tried reinstalling drivers and resetting windows. How do I fix this.

phlatlyn, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power...

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power...

1. Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update and it no longer work without power... - Similar Threads - Surface pro battery

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  3. Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine: Cumulative update 2004 on 8-14-2020 is not allowing face recognition. The camera light & busy led no longer turn on like they use to when attempting hello recognition. There is a yelllow bang at the hello driver and all update attempts report I have the latest driver....
  4. laptop battery showing 255% charged and not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop battery showing 255% charged and not working: hi my laptops doesnt boot up if it is not plugged in for 7 months now it always says plugged in not charging today it says charging 255% availaible but if u clcik battery sign it says 100% available and u remove charger it turns o\ff...
  5. Surface Pro 4 window update 10 Multiple Monitors no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 window update 10 Multiple Monitors no longer working: Before the update I had the surface pro 4 hooked up to two external monitors. One connected directly and the second through a docking station. It now will display on the one directly hooked up but the other connected by docking station will not. I went in to display and to...
  6. 255% on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    255% on battery?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AahYush [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exnqte/255_on_battery/
  7. Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update: My surface pro 4 shows 255% battery after update and runs really slow. Ive tried reinstalling drivers and resetting windows. How do I fix this....
  8. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working: Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do. Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can...
  9. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 Updates: Surface Pro 4 Updates 24 May.. 51325

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 255%