Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nielson Caetano-Salmeron, May 27, 2022.

1. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended up getting another computer as a result. When I was looking online, I found out other people also had the same problem as me. I tried everything and no fix. Turns out it may have been a fried CPU or motherboard that caused the issue.

:)

Nielson Caetano-Salmeron, May 27, 2022

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, May 27, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, May 27, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

1. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death" - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Black

2. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  3. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  4. Surface Pro 4 Screen Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Screen Crashing: Hi, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 a few years ago, I can't remember exactly when, but I do know that it's out of warranty now. When I'm on it for a while not a long time, maybe an hour minimum, the monitor acts weird. The lights behind the screen start to flash weirdly, &...
  5. Surface pro 4 display goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 display goes black: Ok I have a Surface Pro 4. If I boot it into any OS Windows, Ubuntu, even Hirens boot OS the screen stays lit for a few seconds then goes black. Not off, just black back-lit. I figured it was overheating, or faulty display. I booted into UEFI Bios. In this environment the...
  6. Surface Pro 3, black death screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3, black death screen.: Just lost access to all of my files, pictures, etc. when automatic update for Windows gave my Surface Pro 3 black death screen. What do I need to do to recover?...
  7. Surface Pro 4 blurry screen

Surface Pro 4 blurry screen: I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Everything was working fine and then my screen started shaking up and down really fast and now is blurry. Every thing is blurry. The loading page, websites, the main screen. I have tried restarting, updating and running the...
  8. Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen: My Surface Pro 4 has been having issues with a jumpy screen for a while now, but for the first several months the issue would go away upon restarting. Now it happens all the time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how hot the computer gets, the blurriness remains...
  9. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  10. Surface pro 4 screen

Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...