Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here's another example of a Bluetooth issue with the Surface Pro 4. So frustrating. I treated myself to a £99 Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipCartledge, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Here's another example of a Bluetooth issue with the Surface Pro 4.

So frustrating. I treated myself to a £99 Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse terrific devices btw BUT the Bluetooth simply doesn't play nice with them. Basically it fails to connect on startup and drops the connection when the computer goes to sleep because Bluetooth turns itself off. It's easily solved: I run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter and bingo! Bluetooth is turned on again. After a restart all is well, except that perhaps one time in 10 I get 'Preparing Bitlocker Recovery' just to compound the problem. I ignore it and restart normally.

I've tried all the various suggestions available on various forums online but none of them provide an answer. Basically there's a problem with Bluetooth on the Surface Pro 4. Please sort it out, Microsoft! All that fiddle-faddle shouldn't be necessary. I'm on the point of consigning my gorgeous keyboard and mouse to my box of failed devices.

Windows Insider Program Slow currently running Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.21

Phil

:)

PhilipCartledge, Feb 2, 2020

2. surface pro 4 no longer connect to bluetooth mouse

I've just experienced the same thing. "Bluetooth Settings" page tells me that my Arc Mouse is Paired with my Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10 and fully up to date) but the mouse doesn't work. I believe a similar thing has happened to my pen too because the button won't trigger the Notebook, but the pen is paired.

Before I go any further I will say that when I try to 'pair' a bluetooth device with my SP4 I seem to have more success when I select "Add Bluetooth or Other Devices" before making my bluetooth device discoverable than if I do this the other way round. Not sure why this might be.

I have managed to get both arc touch mouse and pen working again as follows:

1. Remove/uninstall all Arc Touch mouse (and pen) references from the Bluetooth section in Device Manager (which can be accessed from the Bluetooth settings page) - use the local menu and 'uninstall device'
    2. Remove Arc Touch mouse (and pen) from the "Mouse, Keyboard & Pen" section in Bluetooth Settings window
    3. Remove Arc Touch mouse (and pen) from the "Other Devices" section in Bluetooth Settings window (several copies appeared here after unsuccessful attempts to re-'pair')
    4. Remove batteries from mouse.
    5. Restart Surface Pro 4.
    6. "Add Bluetooth or Other Device" from Bluetooth settings page
    7. Repower arc touch mouse and press bluetooth button on underside (blue LED blinks when ready)
    8. Arc Touch mouse should appear in the list of devices on screen. Select. Wait for the 'mouse is undergoing additional configuration' message to appear and disappear before saying "Done" (Repeat for pen if necessary).

Captain Nevica, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Lily 0405 Win User
    Bluetooth Mouse for Surface Pro 4

Can Surface Pro 4 supported Bluetooth Mouse version 3.0?

Lily 0405, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse

MS Bluetooth ARC Mouse on Surface Pro 4

Hello Aidan,

We appreciate your interest in Microsoft products.

As you are facing issues with accessing the Bluetooth Arc mouse device on Surface Pro 4, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect setup settings on your device.

I suggest you to refer to the below articles try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting

Try the suggestion provided under: Mouse Troubleshooting

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse

1. Surface Pro 4 Bluetooth Designer Keyboard and Mouse - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Bluetooth

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  6. Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse

Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse: Because my keyboard touch pad was not responding I purchased a bluetooth mouse. When the mouse is connected my sound quits working. When I turn off the bluetooth to unpair the mouse the sound comes back. I made sure there were no updates that I needed to install. Can anyone...
  7. surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4

surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4: I am having trouble with both of my keyboards the tablet cover and the wireless. I bought a new tablet cover thinking it was the old one and that did not work either. Then I connected it to the docking station where I use the Microsoft wireless keyboard and that is not...
  8. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  9. Bluetooth on Surface Pro 4

Bluetooth on Surface Pro 4: I am having difficulty lately, if I turn off my Bluetooth when I turn it back on it can no longer find my Bluetooth mouse. I need to reboot in order for it to connect. I have made sure all the updates are present for software and firmware. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...