Windows 10: Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

Discus and support Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 77085 I will update this thread soon. I just don't want it to crash before submitting post. Brand new Surface PRO 4. I am using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ben2windows, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

Attachment 77085 I will update this thread soon. I just don't want it to crash before submitting post.

Brand new Surface PRO 4. I am using the surface dock as well. I opened it during the April 19-20 firmware updates for the Surfaces. Then it started updating and it threw all kinds of errors:

0xc0000021aKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (afd.sys)
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    special pool detected memory corruption
    IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    fileinfo.sys

Then, I created a USB surface eraser from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=46703

Restored from the cloud. So basically doing another fresh install. I am done doing that, I have not installing any software whatsoever to identify the real root cause. I just ran the dm_log_collector and it actually did crash once again after the fresh install.

:)

ben2windows, Apr 27, 2016
  2. Spyderz Win User

Force Update to Windows 10 Version 1511

does this mean my brand new surface 4 pro out of the box cant get the new update?

Spyderz, Apr 27, 2016
  3. _MGold_ Win User
    Roads Not showing in Maps App

Same experience here. Brand new Surface Pro 4, right out of the box. After full update, Maps does not show the roads graphics. This issue cannot be related to the Display Adapter driver on the Surface. It's a real bug, Microsoft.

_MGold_, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

Return it mate. Usually full refund, or trade in for another one (without the BSOD)

DustSailor, Apr 27, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    +1, what he said! ▲

6. dencal Win User
    My first two Surface Pro 4,s had to be RTM,d......I decided to purchase a third from a different supplier, and have been trouble free since.
    I endorse the two previous posters advice.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD.

1. Surface PRO 4. Brand new out of the box. BSOD. - Similar Threads - Surface PRO Brand

2. Bluetooth drops out on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth drops out on Surface Pro 4: I am having the same issue as many others and to date haven't seen a reply that works. My bluetooth mouse Logitech M557 on my SP4 randomly stops working and Bluetooth has turned off. The only way to get it to work again is to restart the laptop and it will then be fine for an...
  3. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  6. BSOD on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 4: I'm having issues with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, plus the graphics have gone off and then recovered several times. I have attached the report 32691
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304
  9. Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - SFC claims corrupted files ||-(: One of the steps to fix the "Can't create recovery medium" is to check for system file corruption. Just out of curiosity I ran an SFC /SCANNOW and it reported "Windows Resource Protection found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them. ..." If SFC doesn't run...
  10. Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - can't create a Recovery Drive!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - can't create a Recovery Drive!?!: I just bought myself a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After switching it on and going through the initial setup, one of the first actions I want to do is to create me a recovery drive (on a USB stick). So I start the Recovery Drive wizard but after a minute or so of "Please...