Windows 10: surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Discus and support surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pit Zh, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Pit Zh Win User

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results:

• surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all.
    • skype - microphone not work at all also.
    • microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone work perfectly.
    • https://voice.google.com - microphone work perfectly
    • https://hangouts.google.com/ - microphone work perfectly

Can you help me, please?

My sound and camera work without any problems.

Can you upload image with device manager drivers of microphone to compare with mine?

The most strange thing is device manager drivers.

Please, take a look attachment image

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK 6c763946-b9d4-4699-9070-701ca5cd1f68?upload=true.png

Some dude tell me that I need to deactivate fast start-up.

1. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings
    2. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
    3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
    4. Restart your computer

#cortana

#surface

#SurfacePro4

#windows 10 1803 microphone not working

Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Sound and camera

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

Pit Zh, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

surface 4 pro microphone

Hi William,

To help you with turning on your microphone on your Surface Pro 4, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to Desktop App.
    • Touch and hold on the volume icon until the box appears (or just right-click)
    • Touch Sounds.
    • Touch the Recording tab.
    • Touch the microphone that is disabled to select it.
    • Touch Properties.
    • Select Use this device (enabled).

Let us know if it answered your query.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Sep 6, 2018
  3. WilliamNoon Win User
    surface 4 pro microphone

how do I turn on the microphone on my surface 4 pro

WilliamNoon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. CountMike Win User

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK - Similar Threads - surface pro cortana

2. skype microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype microphone not working: the other person cant hear me on skype l checked echo sounds and microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-microphone-not-working/132f0462-eb8f-4190-9bdf-26f57c8bd8e8
  3. Microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone problem: Hello, I used to have a perfectly working microphone until i installed a soundboard (Resanance) which came with VBCable. I had somehow crashed Resanance and since then my microphone hasnt worked, i had tried reinstalling and uninstalling VBcable and Resanance, and Resanance...
  4. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  5. microphone problem

microphone problem: Hi! I would like to ask your help. So my problem is with my microphone which is a Razer Kraken pro. If I connect it into my pc, people can't hear me well. The voice is quiet and there is break in the voice. So I tought the problem is with my microphone but not. I tried it...
  6. microphone problem

microphone problem: Its still not fixed Why do you idiots do this? WHY do you inept amateurs refuse to fix the issue of windows 10 NOT working with microphones? WHY do you boast the use of cortana, speech to text, speech engine when your **** system will not allow the use of a...
  7. Skype microphone not working

Skype microphone not working: Hi, my wife's laptop has a problem with microphone when using Skype. She can hear the other person but they cannot hear her. a box came up that stated possible problem with driver. I checked driver (working correctly), I restarted laptop still no joy. I uninstalled Skype,...
  8. Cortana not istening to microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not istening to microphone.: Tried to set up Cortana to recognize my voice but it keeps on saying that Computer is not listening. [img] Microphone (Analog, connected to the back) works of course, applications like Skype hear it just fine, boost is on to maximum and it shows volume in Cortana tests....
  9. Microphone Requirements For Cortana

Microphone Requirements For Cortana: I have Cortana set up and working pretty nicely with this microphone. http://www.amazon.com/Kinobo-Microph...8980144&sr=1-1 On initial setup I did get the "might not work so good with this microphone" (paraphrasing) dialog. To my Star Trek delight it responds to...
  10. problem with microphone and skype in windows 10

problem with microphone and skype in windows 10: Hello , I have a serious issue with using microphone in windows 10. A few monthes ago i upgraded to windows 10 and i started having problems with skype - i heared people talking to me but they didn't hear what i said in microphone . I'm using usb microphone that is built in...