Windows 10: surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Discus and support surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pit Zh, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Pit Zh Win User

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results:

• surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all.
    • skype - microphone not work at all also.
    • microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone work perfectly.
    • https://voice.google.com - microphone work perfectly
    • https://hangouts.google.com/ - microphone work perfectly

Can you help me, please?

My sound and camera work without any problems.

Can you upload image with device manager drivers of microphone to compare with mine?

The most strange thing is device manager drivers.

Please, take a look attachment image

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK 6c763946-b9d4-4699-9070-701ca5cd1f68?upload=true.png

Some dude tell me that I need to deactivate fast start-up.

1. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings
    2. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
    3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
    4. Restart your computer

#cortana

#surface

#SurfacePro4

#windows 10 1803 microphone not working

Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Sound and camera

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

Pit Zh, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

surface 4 pro microphone

Hi William,

To help you with turning on your microphone on your Surface Pro 4, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to Desktop App.
    • Touch and hold on the volume icon until the box appears (or just right-click)
    • Touch Sounds.
    • Touch the Recording tab.
    • Touch the microphone that is disabled to select it.
    • Touch Properties.
    • Select Use this device (enabled).

Let us know if it answered your query.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Sep 6, 2018
  3. surface 4 pro microphone

how do I turn on the microphone on my surface 4 pro

WilliamNoon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. CountMike Win User

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK - Similar Threads - surface pro cortana

2. Google chrome microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome microphone not working: My windows test mic works perfectly fine, but anytime I go on google chrome or any other browser and use their web microphone it does not work, it seems to work when I actually have the app installed. I have audio interface that I use PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. Google chrome microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome microphone not working: My windows test mic works perfectly fine, but anytime I go on google chrome or any other browser and use their web microphone it does not work, it seems to work when I actually have the app installed. I have audio interface that I use PLEASE HELP ME...
  4. Google chrome microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 How CORTANA AI can fix that? Skype - not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4-microphone-array-not-working-in/456857e2-a9ac-4050-84e7-27e3b00050d1
  6. Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

in Cortana
    Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen: The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last time, in the end of June, it worked fine in Skype. When I opened Skype yesterday, it asked me to login and the microphone didn't...
  7. Having problems with microphone on Skype?

Having problems with microphone on Skype?: Need to use Skype for an interview but the microphone is a bit quiet, my friend (when we did a test run) could hardly hear me. I have Windows 7 - should I adjust the settings or buy and external plug in one?
  8. Microphone not working in Google Chrome

Microphone not working in Google Chrome: Hello, I use a lenovo laptop System info- Intel core i3 7th Gen The operating system used is Windows 10. So there's a problem which I am facing. I just recently downloaded Realtek audio manager. And I updated my drivers. And usually when i use my voice recorder, there...
  9. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....
  10. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...