Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JaydenKBR, Dec 12, 2018.

1. JaydenKBR Win User

Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF

So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty.

I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.)

So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start using it... The screen turns off. I check the power cord is still connected... Yes. So I go to settings and turn off the sleep and screen off settings.

It continues to happen every few seconds while I do this. I unplug the power cord and it still does it. I Google to see if anyone's found a fix. I check the power button does not seem loose and then I pour myself a drink of pure scotch. Yes, the screensaver is off.

I go through the settings with a fine tooth comb trying to find anything that could possibly fix it, taking a drink every time I have to turn the screen back on. I'm now quite drunk and the bottle is empty, and it seems this is a known issue with the new update only other people at least only having it happening when not actively using it. I quit.

Needless to say, it makes the fact that my surface keyboard is not responding seem like a minor annoyance.

***Modified title from: Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)***

:)

JaydenKBR, Dec 12, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Dec 12, 2018
  3. How can i listen to music while Surface Pro 4 is sleeping?

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to listen to music in sleep mode.

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the
    computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working. In Sleep Mode you cannot listen to music.

Step 1: You may try the option turn off the display in power options, to turn off the display and listen to music.

To choose when Windows turns off the display:

• Type Power options in the search box on the task bar, and select the same
    • On the Select a power plan page, in the task pane, click
      Choose when to turn off the display
    • On the Change settings for the plan page, next to Turn off the display, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use.
    • Click Save changes.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps, from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen (Surface Pro 4 version)

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en.../troubleshoot-surface-pen-pro-4?os=windows-10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF

1. Surface Pro 4 goes to sleep mode even when Sleep is OFF - Similar Threads - Surface Pro goes

2. Surface Pro does not sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro does not sleep: I have set my surface pro to sleep after 2 hrs when plugged in but it never sleeps. No errors or anything, but i have to always manually rurn it off which sucks if i fall asleep while watching a movie....
  3. Notifications when surface is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications when surface is in sleep mode: I would like to get all of my notifications on my surface when the pc is in sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-when-surface-is-in-sleep-mode/afbda3e4-7b97-4520-880f-0bdbf39fd4b1
  4. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  5. Surface pro 6 it won't sleep even if I selected turn off or sleep after 5 mins

Surface pro 6 it won't sleep even if I selected turn off or sleep after 5 mins: It seems at the moment the screeen is about to turn off/sleep, sth prevented it and it came back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6-it-wont-sleep-even-if-i-selected/772e6b11-540a-4520-a9cf-8ebad939cc7e
  6. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  7. Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)

Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF): So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...
  8. Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 frozen after coming out of sleep mode: After coming out of sleep I find the Surface Pro 4 unresponsive. I cannot pull up anything on the task bar. I have to hit Alt-Ctrl-Del and pull up Task manager and leave it running in the background to unfreeze it. This started after the 1803 Spring Creators update and it...
  9. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating: I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike...
  10. Goes out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes out of sleep mode: Dear forum Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again. My problem is that if i want to go to bed, and put sleep mode on, then it turns on by it self after a while. Yesterday evening it did it after...