Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I restarted my Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode and it's asking for my administrator password, which I don't remember. How do I gain access into my Surface... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KieCopenhaver, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode

I restarted my Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode and it's asking for my administrator password, which I don't remember. How do I gain access into my Surface now?

:)

KieCopenhaver, Apr 8, 2020
  2. RLH_960 Win User

On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?

On surface pro 4 how do I start up in safe mode.?

***Moved from Accessories / Keyboards and covers***

RLH_960, Apr 8, 2020
  3. AJ Don Win User
    On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?

Hello,

Surface Pro 4 can access safe mode either from Settings or from
    sign-in screen
    . Check out Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 to know how.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Thank you.

AJ Don, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode

1. Surface Pro 4 in Safe Mode - can't get out of this mode - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Safe

2. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  3. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  4. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get out of Safe Mode: I can't get out of the Safe Mode because I don’t remember the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/22da0342-1610-4ab9-800c-fe4af0d90eb4
  6. Can't get out of safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get out of safe mode.: My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came up with "Other User". I went into safe mode to add a profile and then I accidentally went into the advanced options and...
  7. Can't get into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get into Safe mode: If I use msconfig at the boot tab, I cannot set any options to get into safe mode. Also, if I use the Shift / Restart option I do not get the Advanced menu to select more options and Restart. The only option under Advanced this way is uefi settings. Thanks. 116929
  8. On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?: On surface pro 4 how do I start up in safe mode.? ***Moved from Accessories / Keyboards and covers*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/on-surface-pro-4-how-do-i-startup-in-safe-mode/d76bad56-cc7b-4d2b-8746-864966d7bdb3
  9. can't get out of safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get out of safe mode, stuck: I used msconfig to get into safe mode, now I can't get out, keeps asking for password, will not take it, same password used for this site so password is good. I found this, but cannot get it to work..https://youtu.be/j0JZgGFkU-I, after booting from my flash drive and...
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...