Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 4, 128GB, i5 CPU. It came with Windows 10 Pro x64 pre-installed. All updates prior to the AU have installed without any hitches.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lmod, Aug 3, 2016.

1. lmod Win User

Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update

I have a Surface Pro 4, 128GB, i5 CPU. It came with Windows 10 Pro x64 pre-installed. All updates prior to the AU have installed without any hitches.
    Windows Update hasn't offered me the AU on the Surface, nor on my dual boot desktop.
    Prior to the upgrade my desktop had version 1511 build 10586.494 installed , plus the "Insider" version 1607 build 14393.10. Each of these systems is installed on a separate, dedicated SSD.
    I used the "Learn more" option to get the update on the desktop. That system updated without any drama. I didn't disconnect any of the other five physical drives, nor did I disable the Vipre antivirus/security app.
    I then attempted to update the Surface using the same method. It failed to install around "Working on updates 95%" and reverted to version 1511. But didn't give any error message. I tried again, with the same failure. Today I downloaded the MCT and installed the AU on a flash drive. Using that to attempt to install the update also crashed at 95%, but it did throw up an error message:
    "We couldn't install Windows 10
    We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.
    OxC1900101 - Ox4001E
    The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PRE_OOBE operation"
    My searches for that error message didn't find anything specific to either Surface Pro or the Anniversary Update. Not even any recent references. I did find suggestions that that having an external drive connected and AV running had caused problems in the past for some users.
    So I disconnected my external drive, uninstalled my AV (not just disabled it) disabled Malwarebytes anti-malware and anti-exploit. Copied the update files from flash drive to the microSD card, (so there would be no connected USB devices) and ran setup.exe from there.
    Success *Biggrin
    I now have version 1607 build 1439.0 according to winver. The cumulative update to 14393.10 is waitjng for a restart as I type. Now build 14393.10. Yay.
    Posting in case there is someone else with similar problems.

:)

lmod, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Realfoto Win User

Pen scrolling is inconsistent and breaking some win32 apps. Anyway to disable it?

I'm with Strayfish on this. I have multiple Surface Pro 4 tablets with Surface pens and all the ones with Windows 10 Anniversary Update work fine and all the ones with the Creative update have this issue.

Realfoto, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Mouse and keyboard lag

Me too, brand new Surface Pro 4, nothing installed but Office 365 started the moment Anniversary Update finished, I will be rolling back tomorrow. I bought the Surface Pro 4 because I was having problems with my DELL XPS 9350 after the update and it is in
    for service.!

This is bad news, especially since this is Microsoft own product!

RickDe Coyte, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update

1. Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Surface Pro issues

2. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  3. Surface Pro 4 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4 Updates: SP4 Firmware and Driver Updates...Version 1909. 151284
  4. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  5. Surface Pro 4 Update

Surface Pro 4 Update: New Update SP4 Pro Firmware.. 127114
  6. Default HELP - Anniversary Update killing sound on Surface Pro 4

Default HELP - Anniversary Update killing sound on Surface Pro 4: Hi guys, I am really really tired of my Pro 4 already. When I got the machine, it was wonders. The moment the Anniversary Update hit it, the sound is gone. Every time I have to go to Device Manager, UNINSTALL the Realtek Audio driver. I have tested the Pro 4 without...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Update.

Surface Pro 4 Update.: Released today a System Update for Surface Pro 4. 53976
  8. Surface Pro 4 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 Updates: Surface Pro 4 Updates 24 May.. 51325
  9. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Updates

Surface Pro 4 Updates: Surface Pro 4 Updates....drivers and firmware 51326