Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to turn off my Surface pro 4 from the windows menu it doesn't do anything. The restart button work but I always get a BSOD of power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abe18, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Abe18 Win User

Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive

Every time I try to turn off my Surface pro 4 from the windows menu it doesn't do anything. The restart button work but I always get a BSOD of power state failure drive. I have all drivers updated, I've tried multiple times to reset it, but it always fails from the BSOD showing up every time it needs to shut down or restart. I also have everything updated even thought when an windows update requires a restarts it always shows the same BSOD and reboots again. Any help will be very much appreciated.

:)

Abe18, Nov 20, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive

PranavMishra5582, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive

1. Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive - Similar Threads - Surface Pro won't

2. power state drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power state drive failure: my laptop suddenly show error '' drive state power failure" i reseted it many times but still same issue ..any help ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-state-drive-failure/f19a0e23-72a7-4b6c-b732-b9102f8056ba
  3. power state drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power state drive failure: my laptop suddenly show error '' drive state power failure" i reseted it many times but still same issue ..any help ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-state-drive-failure/f19a0e23-72a7-4b6c-b732-b9102f8056ba
  4. power state drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It's been turning on and off, at seemingly random intervals, even though I've done what others have suggested for simmilar problems...
  6. BSOD power state drive failure

BSOD power state drive failure: I was having intermittent BSOD with Power State Drive Failure notice, and nothing worked, I did driver updates, power management corrections, software upgrades. Finally I found that when connecting my external USB hard drive this was occurring, and windows crashes due to a...
  7. Drive Power State Failure

Drive Power State Failure: I've encountered a problem that reminds me of the old days of the blue screen of death. I have Win 10 Version 1809. I recently started frequently encountering a problem whereby the screen turns blue with an error message that there's been a drive power state failure. I then...
  8. BSOD - Power State Failure

BSOD - Power State Failure: Hi , Its me again. Currenntly we are dealing complains from our clients re BSOD problems. Here is another one. please refer to the Link below. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1arX-Us77jvXihAp_JGKRG3VOpW0hlfkT Hope you can help me again analyze the root cause of this...
  9. BSOD - Drive Power State Failure

BSOD - Drive Power State Failure: Hi. Whenever I run some of graphic intense softwares (eg: sony vegas, adobe illustrator, autocad...) after a minute or so my notebook freezes and I get BSOD. It says "Drive Power State Failure". I googled, and I think I found out that the problem is in a few drivers that...
  10. BSOD - power state failure

BSOD - power state failure: Happens when going to sleep/hibernate, or resuming. Never happens while just using the computer. update to latest drivers for my nvidia graphics driver, wifi controller, and intel raid controller any help is appreciated dump attached 73453