Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 How CORTANA AI can fix that? Skype - not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaicroShame, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10

Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10

How CORTANA AI can fix that? Skype - not.

:)

MaicroShame, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Julie Ram Win User

surface 4 pro microphone

Hi William,

To help you with turning on your microphone on your Surface Pro 4, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to Desktop App.
    • Touch and hold on the volume icon until the box appears (or just right-click)
    • Touch Sounds.
    • Touch the Recording tab.
    • Touch the microphone that is disabled to select it.
    • Touch Properties.
    • Select Use this device (enabled).

Let us know if it answered your query.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Pit Zh Win User
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Hello Vanessa

Before follow your steps I need more info.

Which device need to update in device manager tree? Please, see image. These are mine microphone on Surface Pro 4 i5. Are those microphones are correct?

Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 68f3b4e8-1396-4b1c-871f-3610cc7b7f57?upload=true.png

Should I need to update microphone array? Also when I test microphone array vertical progress i indicator work as expected. When I speak indicator level start to change.

Please, can you show me your microphone from device manager on your Surface Pro 4?

Also, I can record my voice with Microsoft recorder app. This mean that microphone work. Am I right?

Please make snap image of your device manager microphone.

Can I install microphone from some setup wizard?

I thing problem is related with some parallel cycle which located wrong default device. This mean that we need to create bug ticket. I thing this is related with this

On your surface pro 4 did you see this ?

Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Pit Zh, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Pit Zh Win User

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results:

• surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all.
    • skype - microphone not work at all also.
    • microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone work perfectly.
    • Voice - microphone work perfectly
    • Google Hangouts - microphone work perfectly

Can you help me, please?

My sound and camera work without any problems.

Can you upload image with device manager drivers of microphone to compare with mine?

The most strange thing is device manager drivers.

Please, take a look attachment image

Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 6c763946-b9d4-4699-9070-701ca5cd1f68?upload=true.png

Some dude tell me that I need to deactivate fast start-up.

1. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings
    2. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
    3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
    4. Restart your computer

#cortana

#surface

#SurfacePro4

#windows 10 1803 microphone not working

Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Sound and camera

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Pit Zh, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 4 - Microphone Array Not Working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Microphone

2. Microphone array not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array not working: My microphone array suddenly stopped working. It is not not showing up in apps or the internal test. But it is working in an online test on chrome. I checked and have the latest drivers and have also tried other diagnostic method. Please help to to solve and understand why...
  3. Microphone array not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array not working: My microphone array suddenly stopped working. It is not not showing up in apps or the internal test. But it is working in an online test on chrome. I checked and have the latest drivers and have also tried other diagnostic method. Please help to to solve and understand why...
  4. Microphone Amd array not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone Amd array not working: So about a month ago my microphone stopped working and when I went to the amd website and reinstalled all my chipsets again it was working like new untill I plugged in my headphones. I plugged in my head phones for some gaming and then when I unplug them it stops working...
  5. Microphone Array not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Array not Working: My microphone isn't working for Chrome, or any other devices. I've updated my drivers, allowed apps to access it, and checked that it's unmuted in the control panel. However, in the control panel, it shows that the microphone is constantly at full volume (the green bars are...
  6. Surface pro 4 trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 trackpad not working: Help! I have a surface pro model that's built in 2016. The keyboard works but the trackpad stops working after an windows resetting. I wonder if anyone could help me in the right direction? When I check device manager, there is no device related to the trackpad. I wonder...
  7. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  8. Windows hello not working on surface pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working on surface pro 4: Hi everyone i upgraded windows 10 in mysurface pro 4 before upgradin windows hello was working correctly after that it stoped working saying We couldnt find a camera for windows hello i have updated the driver and everything but nothing happend...
  9. Surface Pro 4 not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 not working properly.: I've recently started to encounter some issues with my surface pro 4, some apps such as calculator, and alarms don't start. they'll pop up then close by itself immediately after. the photos app was doing the same and i would get an error when trying to open any photo but i...
  10. array microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    array microphone: hello all, I can use some help here. here the situation, I have a dell laptop 1525 origal vista OS so I upgrade it to windows 8.1, & everything worked fine, now I upgraded it to windows 10 & now the array mic doesn't work. I hve downloaded & installed the correct driver for...