Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My Surface Pro 4 have a strange bug with sound/drivers problem. Sometimes (generally after SP4 Is resumed from sleep or hibernate) the sound only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ludomatic-o, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

Hi.

My Surface Pro 4 have a strange bug with sound/drivers problem. Sometimes (generally after SP4 Is resumed from sleep or hibernate) the sound only works well in the right speaker, and sound in the left speaker is almost muted. This is driving my crazy, because I can't find any post reporting this problem. I tried everything (uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers, etc etc etc) but nothing works! The only thing that seems fixing this problem is disabling Dolby, but then, the sound volume is very low… How can I fix this problem.

Everytime it happens, I have to do a restart! Please help!

:)

Ludomatic-o, Aug 7, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

Have you checked to see if you have a balance control?

Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker [​IMG]

And presumably you've checked you have stereo via your headphones..

Also see

dalchina, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

1. Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker - Similar Threads - Surface Pro muted

2. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working: Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do. Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can...
  3. Surface pro 4

Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  8. Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute: So I had a lenovo laptop lose its Left speaker (Speaker Properties > Advanced > Test : Checked! , Balance : Checked!) and planned to have it repaired since this is the laptop I use for work (Mainly presentations and video editing) . While scheduling for a replacement in a...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304