Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've noticed the BSOD only appears to happen when I wake up this tablet from sleep. This issue first popped up the day after installing the 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jared Hall jaredh, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout

I've noticed the BSOD only appears to happen when I wake up this tablet from sleep. This issue first popped up the day after installing the 2004 update for Windows 10. I can't remember where I read to try uninstalling Malwarebytes, and uninstalling Malwarebytes seemed to solve the issue for a while. The issue popped back up last week unfortunately. Running sfc /scannow did not find any corrupt files, and running memtest didn't result in any errors.

I followed the instructions in this wiki to turn on driver verifier. After about a week I got a sudden blue screen caused by "Driver_verifier_detected_violation". I did not notice the name of any .sys file on the blue screen unfortunately. This blue screen occurred while browsing the internet in Firefox. Link to dropbox containing the dmp files and sysinfo. Despite the numerous blue screens I only see a few files in the minidump folder, but the most recent file was created after the driver verifier detection.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

:)

Jared Hall jaredh, Aug 21, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Aug 22, 2020
  4. tycho5ive Win User

Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout

Surface Pro 3 PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

I've run SFC /scannow and DISM and I'm still getting the PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD. My surface is up to date, I have no idea what to do about this. It's so annoying.

tycho5ive, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout

1. Surface Pro 4 PDC_Watchdog_Timeout - Similar Threads - Surface Pro PDC_Watchdog_Timeout

2. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4: OK, i will try to make this short as possible and my apologies if it sounds like a ramble. So, here it goes. I purchased a new Surface Pro 4 in Jan 2019. All was well until about Aug. 2019 when I started noticing the memory would stay full. Then by Sept. 2019 it was...
  3. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  4. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  8. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: System Update just released.. 56499
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304