Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaburmester, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Nov 9, 2017

2. Surface pen not writing.

i am using a surface pro 4. My pen will not write on the screen however the button is working so im not sure what is wrong

DaneshAjioka, Nov 9, 2017
  3. barukia Win User
    Surface pro 3 pen wont write on PDF documents

OMG YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

That is exactly what I did.

Write on PDF

Write in PDF

Write on PDF with Surface Pro 3 Pen

Write in PDF with Surface Pro 3 Pen

Adobe Reader App

barukia, Nov 9, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

EdTittel, Nov 9, 2017
  5. I solve problem.

This problem impacted customers after installing the Fall Creators Update. Also pinch to zoom fails as well with this problem

Other people have found that going into device manager and disabling/enabling the "Intel(R) Precise Touch Device" in device manager made both the pen and the multi-touch work again. When restarting, problem may probably re-occur.

Open device manager, Click on human interface devices to expand it and it should be near the bottom of the list. This is a temporary fix and the issue may return, but for now, it is the only work around. Microsoft engineering asked that anyone affected with this use the Feedback Hub App to send in a bug while in the bad state before disabling/re-enabling so that they can get the logs.

Hope this helps everyone who has this problem.

jaburmester, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

1. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Pen

2. Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection: I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and write on the screen, however, I'm not able to pair it so I can use the eraser button to open apps. I just checked for updates...
  3. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working: Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do. Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can...
  4. Surface Pro 4 blurry screen

Surface Pro 4 blurry screen: I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Everything was working fine and then my screen started shaking up and down really fast and now is blurry. Every thing is blurry. The loading page, websites, the main screen. I have tried restarting, updating and running the...
  5. Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen: My Surface Pro 4 has been having issues with a jumpy screen for a while now, but for the first several months the issue would go away upon restarting. Now it happens all the time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how hot the computer gets, the blurriness remains...
  6. Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen: I can't use my surface pro 4 stylus pen to write emails directly to Gmail like my GalaxyNote 8. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write: Hi! I recently changed battery for surface pro 4 pen as it had stopped working. After changing battery, I can open "Windows Ink Place" however unable to write with surface pen. I have also changed the Surface Pro 4 Pen tip. Please advice Sunil G...
  8. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  9. HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4: I appear to have lost my HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers on my SP4 after an update at the end of July 2018. I have tried various fixes as suggested on different forums and support services , including trouble shoot process, legacy, etc. I have sought assistance...
  10. Surface pro 4 screen

Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro pen not writing on screen

2. surface pen not writing on screen

3. unable to write with spen on surface pro

4. surface pen not tracking,
  5. surface pro 4 pen wont write