Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Below are the system requirements is not supported. Why?OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Other OS Description Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AngeloAmparo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?

Below are the system requirements is not supported. Why?OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Model Surface Pro 4 System Type x64-based PC System SKU Surface_Pro_4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6650U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date Microsoft Corporation 109.3748.768, Not Available SMBIOS Version 3.3 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation BaseBoar

:)

AngeloAmparo, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Update - July 11, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Update for Surface Pro 4 (11 July 2017) Surface

Manual download: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

Surface Pro help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?

1. Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Processor

2. "Processor isn't currently supported for windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Processor isn't currently supported for windows 11": My pc is much better than my brothers yet I cant upgrade to windows 11 due to my processor, and he has. Will my processor be supported eventually?Is it a bad idea to upgrade without it being supported?...
  3. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11: PC Health Check software is telling me "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11". The processor is Intel Core i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz.Does "currently" mean that this processor hasn't yet been tested with Windows 11 or that Windows 11 may be developed to become...
  4. this processor isn't currently supported window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this processor isn't currently supported window 11: Hello Team,Please help me what we need to do for window 11. my laptop processor INTEL CORE i5-7200U CPU@2.50GHZ is not supported window 11. Please help me.Regards,Inder Prakash...
  5. this processor isn't currently supported window 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this processor isn't currently supported window 11: Hello Team,Please help me what we need to do for window 11. my laptop processor INTEL CORE i5-7200U CPU@2.50GHZ is not supported window 11. Please help me.Regards,Inder Prakash...
  6. "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." Will it be?

"The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." Will it be?: My Asus Laptop PC GL753VE Signature Edition has an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU. It meets all the technical specs according to the PC Health Check, except that it is "not supported for Windows 11." Will this processor eventually be supported? Why wouldn't it be?...
  7. processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11.: why i5-6400 CPU @ 2.7GHz is not supported for Windows11? Do you plan to support it? If yes, when?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-isnt-currently-supported-for-windows-11/f6e6a6e7-3338-4a2d-bf37-11b1370db143
  8. the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11: my pc shows "the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11" but I have -------- IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz which is shown as supported processor in the list given by microsoft...please tell me what to do?...
  9. the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11

the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11: my pc shows "the processor isn't currently supported for windows 11" but I have -------- IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz which is shown as supported processor in the list given by microsoft...please tell me what to do?...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?

Surface Pro 4 Processor isn't supported for Windows 11?: Below are the system requirements is not supported. Why?OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Model Surface Pro 4 System Type...