Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GiulianoBelmonte, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

Hello,

My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do.

Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can uninstall and select them from the Windows site directly, or if you have any other advice that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

G

:)

GiulianoBelmonte, Oct 14, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Oct 14, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Try the tips from Microsoft Support at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ft-surface-pen. In my case when this happened, I needed to replace the single AAAA battery inside my Pen. Perhaps you might find some of these suggestions helpful.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

surface pro 4 pen not working on Toshiba satellite radius 15.6 inch 4k ultra hd edition

Hi Shane,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get when you say “surface pro pen won’t work”?

• Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the pc?

• Do you see “HID Compliant Pen" listed in Device Manager?

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

1. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working - Similar Threads - Surface Pro speakers

2. Surface Pen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen not working: My Surface Pen is paired and connected to my Surface Book 3; however, none of the shortcut buttons like the eraser and side buttons appear to work. I'm not sure if this problem is associated to the pen's battery or apps interfering with the connections....
  3. Surface pro 4 trackpad not working

Surface pro 4 trackpad not working: Help! I have a surface pro model that's built in 2016. The keyboard works but the trackpad stops working after an windows resetting. I wonder if anyone could help me in the right direction? When I check device manager, there is no device related to the trackpad. I wonder...
  4. SURFACE ALARMS WON'T WORK!!! Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SURFACE ALARMS WON'T WORK!!! Surface Pro 4: Here we go again. I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest version of Windows 10. It is fully updated. I have these settings: - "On battery power, turn off after: Never" - "When plugged in, turn off after: Never" - "On battery power, PC goes to sleep after: Never" -...
  5. Surface Pro 4 not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 not working properly.: I've recently started to encounter some issues with my surface pro 4, some apps such as calculator, and alarms don't start. they'll pop up then close by itself immediately after. the photos app was doing the same and i would get an error when trying to open any photo but i...
  6. Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write: Hi! I recently changed battery for surface pro 4 pen as it had stopped working. After changing battery, I can open "Windows Ink Place" however unable to write with surface pen. I have also changed the Surface Pro 4 Pen tip. Please advice Sunil G...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen: My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen. I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this. Please note tip is not broken. Before...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Now available: 1TB Core i7 Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Now available: 1TB Core i7 Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, and Pen: We’re excited to announce that the most powerful versions yet of Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 are now on sale in the United States and Canada. These products feature 1TB of storage with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors and 16GB of RAM for the ultimate in...