Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geeksikh, Oct 8, 2019.

1. geeksikh Win User

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM
    Event ID: 442
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E
    Description:
    Device HID\VID_1A2C&PID_2124&MI_00\8&173c6bb7&0&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: ACPI\PNP0303\4&215d0f95&0
    Class Guid: {4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF100
    Present: true
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
    <EventID>442</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-08T07:17:52.153869700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>549</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="10220" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-UO0VK4E</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">HID\VID_1A2C&amp;PID_2124&amp;MI_00\8&amp;173c6bb7&amp;0&amp;0000</Data>
    <Data Name="LastDeviceInstanceId">ACPI\PNP0303\4&amp;215d0f95&amp;0</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>
    <Data Name="LocationPath">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="MigrationRank">0xf000fffffffff100</Data>
    <Data Name="Present">true</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0xc0000719</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

how to resolve this issue?

All HID drivers in Device Manager show not migrated. Keyboard Troubleshooter says Text Services Framework is OFF. However, there is no option in Windows 10 to install TSF. Intel Driver and Support Assistant & Windows Update show all drivers are fine.

:)

geeksikh, Oct 8, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, Oct 8, 2019
  3. ellflo Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Register an account for this one. Just to let you know it worked for me!

ellflo, Oct 8, 2019
  4. tinkerwzo Win User

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

I ran into that too with Win 10 Anniversary update. It totally disabled my Type Cover. According to Microsoft and some folks on the web, the force reboot works.

I took the dive and did a hard reboot of my Surface Pro 4 (Microsoft warns that do this only with Surface Pro 4) This is verbatim from Microsoft:

Use this two-button shutdown process to make sure your Surface is turned off completely.
    [table][tr][td]Step 1:[/td] [td]Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Step 2:[/td] [td]Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds. (this is the scary part. Note that I saw the BIOS screen came on within 3 - 4 seconds... but you need to continue to hold like Microsoft said. The screen went off for me then on again with the BIOS screen then off.. that's when I released the buttons)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Step 3:[/td] [td]After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

And that did it for me. You would think Microsoft would test their Win 10 Anniversary update on their own Surface Pro devices... oh well.

See real link on Microsoft site: Microsoft Surface Touch Cover and Type Cover help | Touchpad help

tinkerwzo, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working. - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Type

2. Surface Pro 4 with Windows 11 type cover won't connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 with Windows 11 type cover won't connect.: Surface Pro 4 with Windows 11 type cover won't connect. I've tried all of the MS and Internet fixes all to no avail. It seems as though the type cover is not getting power from the tablet. Keyboard works on another SP4, so I know that that's not the issue. it was working ok...
  3. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  4. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  5. Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update: A friend of mine sold me a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 16G RAM 512GB SSD cheap because it stopped partly working after he was updating to the lastest firmware. The USB Port and Type Cover is working normally when booting into the UEFI, it stops working after booting into...
  6. Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working

Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working: Hello, all. This problem is driving me nuts. Have an upcoming assignment to do and with the keyboard not working, this premium device is worthless. The type cover keyboard works perfectly in the UEFI along with the trackpad, so the issue is 100% software related. It has...
  7. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...
  9. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...
  10. Surface Pro 4: closing type cover activates tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: closing type cover activates tablet mode: I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Surface Dock hooked to an external monitor (via DisplayPort) and a keyboard & mouse. When I close the type cover on the Surface, it automatically activates Tablet Mode. Now, I know I can change the behavior to make Windows 10 ask me what to...