Windows 10: Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update

Discus and support Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A friend of mine sold me a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 16G RAM 512GB SSD cheap because it stopped partly working after he was updating to the lastest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wasseruhr, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Wasseruhr Win User

Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update

A friend of mine sold me a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 16G RAM 512GB SSD cheap because it stopped partly working after he was updating to the lastest firmware.

The USB Port and Type Cover is working normally when booting into the UEFI, it stops working after booting into Windows.

What I tried to do (and didnt help) was updating Windows 10 to the lastest Insider Preview 20241.1005

What also doesnt work is to restore it with a factory image from a USB stick. I was using the recovery image from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage
    It is properly recorgnizing the usb stick and boots into the recovery menu, but It fails to restore from usb.

Does somebody know how I can restore the image from the internal ssd? (Will this might fix the issue?)

How can I downgrade the BIOS and all the other drivers? (Like Ive mentioned earlier, everything was working before the automatic update happened)

Model Surface Pro 4
    System UEFI 108.2706.768
    SAM Controller 103.1837.257
    Intel Manangement Engine 11.8.56.3522
    Touch Firmware 1.107.0.106.28.3
    System Embedded Controller 103.2851.256
    Infineon dTPM 5.62.3126.2

Link to a picture of my UEFI (direct upload didnt work)
    IMG-20201025-150716 — ImgBB

I really hope that someone can help me - of course also in exchange for some coffees *Wink

Best regards from Austria

:)

Wasseruhr, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update

1. Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update - Similar Threads - Surface pro USB

2. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  3. Surface Pro problems. Type cover, SD card, usb ports suddenly not working and not switching...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro problems. Type cover, SD card, usb ports suddenly not working and not switching...: The surface pro wouldn't switch on although it was plugged in. I think the typecover illuminated. I unplugged and left it for several hours and then plugged in and it switched on. However the typecover no longer worked. I've also discovered that micro SD is no longer visible...
  4. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E...
  5. Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working

Surface Pro 4: Type cover port and USB 3.0 not working: Hello, all. This problem is driving me nuts. Have an upcoming assignment to do and with the keyboard not working, this premium device is worthless. The type cover keyboard works perfectly in the UEFI along with the trackpad, so the issue is 100% software related. It has...
  6. Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work

Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work: I have tried every fix offered by Microsoft and those I could find on the internet. After a recent update, my Surface Type Cover keyboard stopped working. The backlight and track pad work fine....
  7. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  8. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode: I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put the pro in sleep mode and set it down for a few hours. When I later opened it back up and tried to wake it up, the type cover...
  9. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...