Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 v1709 / USB Composite driver repeatedly fails?

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 v1709 / USB Composite driver repeatedly fails? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface Pro 4, win 10 , Fall Creators update 1709. USB port intermittently and repeatedly fails. When I go into Device Manager, 'USB Composite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jhickey, May 23, 2018.

1. jhickey Win User

Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 v1709 / USB Composite driver repeatedly fails?

Surface Pro 4, win 10 , Fall Creators update 1709.

USB port intermittently and repeatedly fails.

When I go into Device Manager, 'USB Composite Device' typically will have a yellow exclamation mark.

I have tried right clicking and updating it, but I am always told the most up-to-date driver is installed.

I then right click and 'uninstall' it, reboot, and everything returns to normal again until the next time...which is usually within 1-2 weeks.

I do typically connect this to a DisplayLink pluggable 3.0 USB docking tower. However, this is a company machine and we all do the same with the docking tower and I seem to be the only one having this repeat issue.

Thanks for any suggestions. - JH

:)

jhickey, May 23, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, May 29, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 i5 256GB; Micro SD reader not seen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the SD card on Surface Pro 4 after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: As updating the corrupted drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for USB port, try to install them and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall

• Restart the computer.
    Refer to the link to install the drivers: Connect a USB mouse, printer,
    and more

For further reference: Browse topics for Surface Pro 4.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 v1709 / USB Composite driver repeatedly fails?

1. Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 v1709 / USB Composite driver repeatedly fails? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro v1709

2. win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4: What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32kpowerwatchdogtimeout-bsod-win-10-pro-64-on/9cac5dad-1856-430a-9803-c33d8ba4800f
  3. win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4: What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32kpowerwatchdogtimeout-bsod-win-10-pro-64-on/9cac5dad-1856-430a-9803-c33d8ba4800f
  4. win32k_power_watchdog_timeout bsod win 10 pro 64 on surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner: Trying to get a small check scanner connected to a surface pro. When I connect the scanner, the USB doesnt seem to recognize the device. When I plug in a cell phone, the USB recognizes the phone. The scanner is working correcdtly as I plug it into the PC tower next to the...
  6. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  7. Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer

Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer: Does Microsoft have a specific Touchscreen Driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-driver-for-surface-pro-4-computer/039d1ac3-d4bf-49ff-86ed-b4960b401e13
  8. Surface Pro 4 recovery from USB

Surface Pro 4 recovery from USB: My surface is stuck in a permanent boot to UEFI and I am attempting to reset from a recovery drive. I have followed the instructions for creating a USB recovery drive from a Windows 10 PC. Brand new scandisk 16GB usb. Copied the appropriate Surface Pro 4 files from the...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  10. Surface Pro 4 Driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Driver updates: Surface Pro 4 Intel Driver updates.. 99828