Windows 10: Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more

Discus and support Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to open this issue, because I'm tired of searching all over the web for a solution and fix that it's imposible to resolve. I have a Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ludomatic-o, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more

I have to open this issue, because I'm tired of searching all over the web for a solution and fix that it's imposible to resolve.

I have a Surface Pro 4 (256GB, 16 RAM, i7)… it's a great device, but it have things and some problems that it's driving me crazy.

Sound problems: I think it's a combination between hybernation/sleep and corrupted drivers. SP4 speakers sounds great with Dolby audio enabled (more volume and better sound). All works just fine when I start the Surface clean (clean start/restart), but the problems begin when the SP4 is activated after sleep or after hybernate mode. Most of the time, the left speaker sound is almost 0, and only the right one sounds normal. There aren't fix for this other than restart the whole system - Or/and sometimes, the sound is way distorted (like and overdrive sound) and I have to restart SP4 again.

One "temporary" solution is to turn off "Dolby" in sound configuration, but his action makes SP4 speakers sound very low... So it's not a real solution.

And I clearly know (as an owner of 3 different pcs) that Windows 10 have serious corruption driver/problems after hybernation! it's terrible because I have to restart PC everytime because all those problems: Sound problems, driver problems, mouse problems, random app crashes and many more. So, I really have to turn off the PC to make sure everything will work fine when I need the PC (I can't properly use Sleep or Hybernation because both ruin the experience in a way or another!)…

Another thing is Windows 10 WI FI problems - best known for IMPOSSIBLE connection to a network. No matter what - Windows 10 (on each device I have) sometimes, REFUSE to connect to a public/private network, and I do the imposible to fix it and no matter what, DONT WORK!!! I've lost hours trying to "repair" automatically everything, or disabling/enabling wi-fi trying to connect and NO, it WONT WORK!

This is so unveliable for devices and OS of 2018! Cannot be true, but IT IS.

If you have some REAL fix (and not copy and paste basic and repeated "formulas" from Microsoft support), they will be very welcome!.. Please don't suggest a RESET, or CLEAN INSTALL or all the "fixes" that been used previously. I've tried everything. This are serious bug in Windows/Surface, and I'm an advanced user.

:)

Ludomatic-o, Aug 20, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more

Surface Pro 4 i5 256GB; Micro SD reader not seen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the SD card on Surface Pro 4 after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: As updating the corrupted drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for USB port, try to install them and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall

• Restart the computer.
    Refer to the link to install the drivers: Connect a USB mouse, printer,
    and more

For further reference: Browse topics for Surface Pro 4.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more

1. Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10 - Hybernation Drivers Corruption and more - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Hybernation

2. Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 - Corrupt Windows - Bitlocked Drive: I have a surface pro 4 that has a corrupt drive. It boots with the Preparing Automatic Repair, then Diagnosing the repair. Then the restart & advanced options screen comes on. I have the bitlocker key. No mater which options I choose it will not boot or repair.... Because the...
  3. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchscreen Driver for Surface PRO 4 computer: Does Microsoft have a specific Touchscreen Driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-driver-for-surface-pro-4-computer/039d1ac3-d4bf-49ff-86ed-b4960b401e13
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: Hi- I have a Surface Pro 4 and I am having serious problems with logging into Windows 10 (1803): Login screen comes up. I enter my password and click the go button. I get a message "Windows is Preparing" and I get the spinning circle for about 3 to 4 minutes. Finally,...
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Surface Pro 4 Driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Driver updates: Surface Pro 4 Intel Driver updates.. 99828
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169