Windows 10: Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible

Discus and support Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I bought a used bricked surface pro 5 max spec'd from a previous now angry microsoft surface lover who had their surface bricked on them from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elusive Gam3, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible

So I bought a used bricked surface pro 5 max spec'd from a previous now angry microsoft surface lover who had their surface bricked on them from an update. By spending ~8hrs I found a solution and installed ubuntu to clear the drive since windows partition could not. However, it only picked up 512gb of the 2 512gb drives during the partitioning for ubuntu. I continued with the single drive, however once I did get windows running on it the second 512gb drive disappeared, there was only a single 512gb drive as the other had a "failed to start code 10 error".

So, windows does run, however only on a single drive and the wifi/bluetooth card found in the surface pro wasn't shown in device manager or hidden devices. I had to use the included dock in the purchase to link it to my pc to share ethernet, however even installing the drivers on microsoft's website didn't work and I can't seem to flash the recover image onto the surface because it says the file isn't supported by my hardware even though it is. I tried a bunch of cmd commands, uefi switching off and on the things, however windows' trouble shooter for wifi doesn't seem to pick up the driver used, or so it said after running the driver.

I'm looking for a solution to fix the 512gb nvme ssd controller problem as in the surface pro, it doesn't want to start it. Following that, I'm also looking for a solution to help me with enablingwifi/bluetooth on the surface pro.

I bought this super cheap off them and it included everything dock, pen, keyboard cover, mouse and some cables they had, I bought it because I really need a portable device for school due to situation in the world and my classes are both in person and online. I used to use my 6 pound gaming laptop, however it's hard to carry for me to and from school. Anyways I love how the surfaces look and how it acts like an ipad but running my favourite OS.

If you have any solutions, please tell me as I'm desperate for something to fix it.

:)

Elusive Gam3, Sep 17, 2020
  2. r.belding Win User

Surface Pro 2 loses wifi and Bluetooth drivers after updates.

Product: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 - Windows 10

Problem: Every time the surface updates it loses WiFi and Bluetooth drivers.

*I am met with the network icon for an unplugged cat 5 connection, not the WiFi connection icon in the bottom right corner. No WiFi settings are listed anywhere on the machine, as if the device doesn't have WiFi capabilities.

*Bluetooth keyboard and mouse will not work after updates. Also no Bluetooth settings are found on the machine, as if the machine does not offer Bluetooth capabilities.

*Lastly, the Microsoft Keyboard cover does not work after updates.

Current Status: Reset PC, did full reset.

PC reverts to Windows 8.

WiFi, Bluetooth and Cover keyboard works.

After windows does update, WiFi, Bluetooth and Cover no longer work.

This has been going on since I first GOT this device. I'm tired of manually installing drivers after every update. And now I'm stuck on windows 8 again?

Please advise how to stop updates from deleting my WiFi and Bluetooth as well as get my device back to windows 10

r.belding, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Karol Mos Win User
    SSD firmware on Surface Pro 4 512GB comes of Dell XPS 15

Hi

I've found that my Surface Pro 4 ( i7-16-512 ) has different SSD firmware number than all others

it starts BXV7... instead 5M0Q...

number BXV7... is firmware for Samsung PM951 512GB drives of Dell XPS 15

and OEM for Microsoft Surface sould have number 5M0Q...

Can someone tell me why?

Kind Regards

Karol Mos, Sep 17, 2020
  4. mbhweiss Win User

Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible

WiFi and Bluetooth problems after Windows 10 update on Surface Pro 3

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. Neither WiFi nor Bluetooth works. It seems as though the drivers are somehow missing. Any suggestions?

mbhweiss, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible

1. Surface Pro 5 no wifi and bluetooth drivers, with only one 512gb ssd visible - Similar Threads - Surface Pro wifi

2. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  3. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  4. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  5. Microsoft surface pro 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft surface pro 5: Sorry this is a long one but please help! My first surface failed so my insurance gave me another one which im sure is a refurb. From first using it, i often had issues with turning it on. It seemed as though the power button just wouldnt respond and i'd have to hit it a...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working: Since installing a system update yesterday, my Surface Pro 5 has been encountering errors with the Bluetooth driver. There is no longer a space to turn Bluetooth on/off in my action center, and no switch in the Bluetooth & other devices section of my settings. Beneath all of...
  7. Surface Pro 5

Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  8. Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi: Hi. My surface pro 2017 model has started performing poorly on latest windows 10 build. On same wifi network I get over 200mbs via my phone compared to only 25mbs on the surface pro. Anyone else getting same?...
  9. Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro

Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro: I've got a Surface Pro LTE and a couple of hours ago, my Arc mouse just stopped working with it. When I went into the Bluetooth & other devices section, the on/off button for Bluetooth had incompletely disappeared. I then went and checked the device manager and Bluetooth...
  10. Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??): Hello Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD . According to my records it is a: "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA III MLC Internal SSD". I have tried searching Samsung's various sites and found it to be intensely confusing!...