Windows 10: Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Discus and support Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 23012, Sep 11, 2019.

1. 23012 Win User

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short period of non-use. (I have tried adjusting these settings for different periods of inactivity without effect.)

When I enter the "Powercfg -requests" command in the command prompt (running as administrator), the results do not show that anything is running. I have pasted the results below this post.

I have tried resetting my device twice, once leaving my files in place and once wiping everything, and in each instance the issue returned once I installed the Windows 10 updates. On the most recent reset I also installed Chrome around the same time the updates were installed, so I can't rule it out as a factor, though I note that the problem remained even after I uninstalled Chrome.

I would greatly appreciate any input on how to resolve this issue.

>>>>>>>>>>>

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:
    None.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

:)

23012, Sep 11, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Sleep

2. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  3. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  4. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  6. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  7. Surface Pro does not sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro does not sleep: I have set my surface pro to sleep after 2 hrs when plugged in but it never sleeps. No errors or anything, but i have to always manually rurn it off which sucks if i fall asleep while watching a movie....
  8. Microsoft surface pro 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft surface pro 5: Sorry this is a long one but please help! My first surface failed so my insurance gave me another one which im sure is a refurb. From first using it, i often had issues with turning it on. It seemed as though the power button just wouldnt respond and i'd have to hit it a...
  9. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  10. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up: Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Surface pro 5 not going to sleep