Windows 10: Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Discus and support Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 23012, Sep 11, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. 23012 Win User

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short period of non-use. (I have tried adjusting these settings for different periods of inactivity without effect.)

When I enter the "Powercfg -requests" command in the command prompt (running as administrator), the results do not show that anything is running. I have pasted the results below this post.

I have tried resetting my device twice, once leaving my files in place and once wiping everything, and in each instance the issue returned once I installed the Windows 10 updates. On the most recent reset I also installed Chrome around the same time the updates were installed, so I can't rule it out as a factor, though I note that the problem remained even after I uninstalled Chrome.

I would greatly appreciate any input on how to resolve this issue.

>>>>>>>>>>>

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:
    None.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

:)

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Sep 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Thema:

1. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Sleep

2. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  3. Battery Issues on Surface Pro

Battery Issues on Surface Pro: Hi all, recently i just picked up a brand new Surface Pro 6 i5 8GB RAM, this laptop/tablet is extremely versatile and great. The only particular problems i am having now is the battery issue. I was just watching some youtube and the battery was draining like crazy. It went...
  4. Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi: Hi. My surface pro 2017 model has started performing poorly on latest windows 10 build. On same wifi network I get over 200mbs via my phone compared to only 25mbs on the surface pro. Anyone else getting same?...
  5. My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My surface pro 5 fails to sleep and wake up: Hi, Recently I have been finding that when I wake my surface pro up from sleeping, it has rebooted and things like my Hyper-V VM has not been shut down gracefully. Is there any reason this would be happening? I have checked my update history and there has not been an...
  6. Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7: I did a factory reset on my Surface to erase my work account. From all looks it seems fine. But I can not click on the start menu and see any apps I can't type in the search field, or basically do anything. When I open edge it opens and then closes. But if I right click on...
  7. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  8. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302
  9. Surface Pro 4 / 5 users

Surface Pro 4 / 5 users: Hi folks Forget the expense --it's the lightness and convenience of this I like (andIMO it's better by far than the equivalent Macbook - but that's everyone's choice though). What I really would like to know (going / considering an i7 model) --is the single USB 3 slot...
  10. Surface Pro 2 Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 2 Issues: All,Last year I purchased a Surface Pro 2 from a friend of mine. Everything was working great until earlier this year. I woke up one morning and I wasn't able to access Windows. When I boot up, I was sent to the UEFI screen. I couldn't get pass it. I researched this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Surface pro 5 not going to sleep