Windows 10: Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in...

Discus and support Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My microsoft surface Pro 5 isn't starting up and I don't have the option to 'refresh this pc' or 'reset this pc'. They are both totally missing from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharlene1234, May 18, 2020.

1. Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in...

My microsoft surface Pro 5 isn't starting up and I don't have the option to 'refresh this pc' or 'reset this pc'. They are both totally missing from the troubleshooting section which I'm aware is very odd and rare.

Having tried all other options available, I think my only option is to do a re-installation of Windows 10 via usb. I downloded my surface pro 5 recovery image to my other windows 7 laptop but can't create a 'recovery drive' as the only option available on this laptop is to create a recovery 'disc' which is no good to me as my surface doesn't have a dvd/disc player! I don't have any laptop with windows 10. What should I do?

If I downloaded the Windows 10 media creator tool onto a usb and installed that on my surface instead of the windows recovery image specifically for my type of surface pro, would I still have all the features unique to the surface pro? E.g IOS/touch screen feature?

Please help! Thanks

:)

Sharlene1234, May 18, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 18, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Surface Management Engine to start (Code 10)

Hi Kirren,

I realize that the Surface Management Engine is failing to start and the touch screen is not working. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC after which you are facing this issue?

• Is the issue specific to this driver?

• Did you try updating the touch screen driver?

Suggest you to refer to the steps under the section “Use a recovery drive to reinstall Windows” from this article to check if that helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...restore-or-reset-surface?os=windows-10#useW10

Note: If you chose not to back up system files when you create your recovery drive on Windows 10, you won’t be able to use it to reinstall Windows.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 18, 2020
  4. Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in...

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in...

1. Surface pro 5 won't start up. Want to reinstall/reset windows 10 - no option at all in... - Similar Threads - Surface pro won't

2. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10: A guy gave me this surface for my birthday but it don't boot he don't have any OS.I want to reinstall windows 10 with 2 method but no one work: -1st : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-imageI followed step but i only have some tool but i can't reinstall os...
  3. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10: A guy gave me this surface for my birthday but it don't boot he don't have any OS.I want to reinstall windows 10 with 2 method but no one work: -1st : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-imageI followed step but i only have some tool but i can't reinstall os...
  4. My surface Pro 4 won't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  6. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  7. upgraded to windows 10 and Surface pro 5 wont load all the driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    upgraded to windows 10 and Surface pro 5 wont load all the driver: I'm having an issue since I upgraded to windows 10 with my Surface Pro 5. System update is not finding all the drivers for the surface. Does anyone have any tips? [ATTACH]...
  8. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...
  9. Won't start up or reset

Won't start up or reset: My tower begins the startup, but goes right into repair, but saies unable to repair, Have tried the reset system but it saies there isn't enough memory to do so. As I cannot access the desktop have no idea what I can do....
  10. Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7

Factory Reset on Surface Pro (5) i7: I did a factory reset on my Surface to erase my work account. From all looks it seems fine. But I can not click on the start menu and see any apps I can't type in the search field, or basically do anything. When I open edge it opens and then closes. But if I right click on...