Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a surface pro 6. I am watching youtube tv on chrome browser and when I go full screen, I see black border on top and bottom. See image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by flyingastro, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top

Hi,

I have a surface pro 6. I am watching youtube tv on chrome browser and when I go full screen, I see black border on top and bottom. See image attached. The full screen doesn't extend to bezel of the monitor.

This screen behavior is unlike win 10 behavior on my desktop. I have used the same browser and when i go fullscreen the screen size extends all the way to the bezel of the monitor.

Please help resolve this. I hope this is not by design as I am not using the full real estate of the monitor on surface pro 6.

Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top [​IMG]

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 6 / Display and screen

:)

flyingastro, Nov 5, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues

Hello everyone

I have a surface pro 4 and I have the black side border issue.

I have tried what I could including settings, deleting and reinstalling hardware and updating it and windows update. Other tips I found on sites suggest tweaking the registry. However, it seems to be video card/desktop specific so I stayed away.

It happened on a stormy night with the surface plugged into the wall socket. I was using DosBox on windowed mode at the time.

Suddenly, the screen turned black and when it returned, the borders appeared.

Now if I disable the video driver, the screen covers the entire monitor but I cannot use the pen.

If I enable the drivers, it goes back to covering a portion of the screen.

If I maximise DosBox it covers the whole screen as well.

The partial coverage is annoying enough, but it feels as if the resolution has gone down on some apps and is frustrating to use.

Thanks in advance!

mungbeansprout, Nov 6, 2018
  3. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top

1. Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top - Similar Threads - Surface Pro full

2. Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive: I received a new Microsoft Pro 6 Tablet. It will not boot from the internal hard drive. I am unable to delete the internal drive contents or load a new operating system due to the drive being protected by BitLocker. I have tried using DISKPART, and various third-party...
  3. Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive: I received a new Microsoft Pro 6 Tablet. It will not boot from the internal hard drive. I am unable to delete the internal drive contents or load a new operating system due to the drive being protected by BitLocker. I have tried using DISKPART, and various third-party...
  4. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  5. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Customization
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  7. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  8. Surface Pro 6 Screen is too dim

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Screen is too dim: On a recent restart of my surface I noticed that my screen is much dimmer. First I tried to use the brightness bar in the action center but it had greyed out so I couldn't adjust it. I saw on earlier strings someone recommended detaching the keyboard cover and restarting at...
  9. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  10. Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues: Hello everyone I have a surface pro 4 and I have the black side border issue. I have tried what I could including settings, deleting and reinstalling hardware and updating it and windows update. Other tips I found on sites suggest tweaking the registry. However, it seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro display border

2. full screen on surface pro 6

3. surface has black border

4. surface pro 6 bezel border,
  5. surface pro 6 screen border,
  6. surface pro 6 top of screen,
  7. surface pro 6 screen black,
  8. surface pro 6 full screen resolutions,
  9. surface pro 6 boarder,
  10. sufrace pro 6 wont have full screen,
  11. surface pro 6 black border at top of screen,