Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Microsoft has failed me, my laptop is dead, and there's nothing I can do to get it to charge, so I'm writing this post in the hope that I'll get some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tilmar19, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows

Microsoft has failed me, my laptop is dead, and there's nothing I can do to get it to charge, so I'm writing this post in the hope that I'll get some decent advice.

Around September of 2019, I started having problems charging my Pro 6 after a Windows update. At first, I'd just need to reconnect my cord or something a couple times, and it would charge. This got progressively worse, getting only temporarily better if I deleted battery drivers and reinstalled them or restarted my computer. I got a Windows representative who told me that it was their fault, essentially, because they sent out a Windows 10 update that updated my battery but not my computer, and so the two were no longer compatible. Not the first time Windows screwed up my drivers (I keep having to uninstall an audio driver that Windows insists belongs on my computer). But Microsoft is refusing to help me, even though it was their mandatory update that broke it all in the first place, because my warranty conveniently expired within a month of all these problems arising! I was able to keep things intact until earlier today when I had to update again. Now I've got nothing.

What I Know: The cord is good (I shocked myself twice figured that out for sure tonight) The power source is fine (for the same reason as above, and other devices charge there no problem, even charging through the same power brick as laptop is supposed to) I've followed all the steps on Microsoft's pages on battery problems. The laptop itself is dead. Can't turn it on. The nearest Microsoft location is 300 miles away. I need my laptop for school and a lot of my homework is done through programming software or is already saved onto my computer, so this is kinda urgent since midterms are upon me. I'm on mobile, so I apologize for any formatting errors or oddities that may arise from that.

Tl;dr: Windows update screwed up my battery, and now I can't get it to charge.

submitted by /u/Tilmar19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tilmar19, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29 Surface

Source:

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

Source:

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Pro 6 - Oct. 23 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows

1. Surface Pro 6 is dead and won't charge after updating Windows - Similar Threads - Surface Pro dead

2. Surface Pro 6 Windows 11 update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 Windows 11 update 22H2: Hi !I got exatcly the same problem as the question : 22H2 update stop at 61%Run Win 11 - Can't update Surface Pro 6 to 22H2 - docked to - Microsoft CommunityNo driver problem reported in the "péripheral manager".I'm administrator, but when I run theren...
  3. Surface Pro 6 Windows 11 update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 Windows 11 update 22H2: Hi !I got exatcly the same problem as the question : 22H2 update stop at 61%Run Win 11 - Can't update Surface Pro 6 to 22H2 - docked to - Microsoft CommunityNo driver problem reported in the "péripheral manager".I'm administrator, but when I run theren...
  4. Broken Surface Pro 6 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Surface Pro 6 after update: What are my options when the most recent update breaks the device? I have used my device a total of 7hrs this year Feb and it hasnt been touched since December 2020. I ignored the update notification on Saturday and decided to install and restart on the sunday morning when it...
  5. Surface Pro 6 not charging, light is on, but it doesn't say it's charging or show signs of...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 6 not charging, light is on, but it doesn't say it's charging or show signs of...: Hello, I've tried all the solutions given by Microsoft, even did some from Youtube. However, nothing works. When I plug the charger in, the LED light is on, but the laptop does not say it's charging or even the common, "Plugged in, not charging." Please help ASAP...
  6. Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%: Hi everyone, For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that y Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise is not charging beyond 68%. Its says 'plugged in' but does not charge the battery. It also gets very hot, feels like the battery is resisting the...
  7. Surface pro charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro charging: I have a surface pro and after a period the connection between che charger and the device got worse and now it doesn’t work anymore. This happened also last year and then sunstituded my device, and now same problem with the new one. I changed charger many times. Did this ever...
  8. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  9. surface pro 6 won't connect to webpages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface pro 6 won't connect to webpages: trying to download chrome or just go on any website , tried edge and IE both just show the homepage and allow me to search but would not let me click the link. or would say waiting for response. was working fine till yesterday so I uninstalled chrome and now I can't...
  10. Surface Pro 6 Crashes after Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 Crashes after Sleep: Every time i turn on my surface pro 6 after it went to hibernate, all apps are closes\d as if it i am turning it on from being turned off. opening chrome i get a message it did not shut down properly. it is as if the machine crashes some point after i put in hibernate. any...