Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Really in need for a pen to do some photoshop work with my new Surface Pro 6. I was wondering if I should use a the pen (the one that came with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielSP6, Jan 2, 2019.

1. DanielSP6 Win User

Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?

Really in need for a pen to do some photoshop work with my new Surface Pro 6. I was wondering if I should use a the pen (the one that came with the SP4), instead of paying $130 CAD for a simple plastic pen. But the thing is will the older pen support tilt and will it have the same response time as the new one?

Thanks.

:)

DanielSP6, Jan 2, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Pro 6 - Oct. 23

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?

Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?

1. Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro pen

2. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  3. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  5. Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11: Dear Community,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 installed.I used to use the Microsoft Pen when I had Windows 10 installed but now, with Windows 11, the pen does not work.I do not manage to pair it I never had to with Windows 10 and there is no way to connect...
  6. Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11: Dear Community,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 installed.I used to use the Microsoft Pen when I had Windows 10 installed but now, with Windows 11, the pen does not work.I do not manage to pair it I never had to with Windows 10 and there is no way to connect...
  7. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  8. Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 6 does not charge beyond 68%: Hi everyone, For the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that y Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise is not charging beyond 68%. Its says 'plugged in' but does not charge the battery. It also gets very hot, feels like the battery is resisting the...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart: Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is not allowing me to do any job on it and shuts down once any application is opened. What is the solution for the issue??...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a