Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface Pro 6 self view or front facing-camera is fuzzy but main camera is clear. I have run the latest Windows update for Surface Pro 6 as of May 15.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryKT, May 15, 2020.

1. JerryKT Win User

Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

Surface Pro 6 self view or front facing-camera is fuzzy but main camera is clear. I have run the latest Windows update for Surface Pro 6 as of May 15. Camera has only IntelR AVStream Camera 2500 available by checking "Device Manager" . I have applied the latest update on the driver. I have checked online and found the link at https://mspoweruser.com/fix-non-functioning-cameras-surface-pro-book/, which suggested to check Imaging Devices to update driver of Microsoft LifeCam Front/Rear in Device manager. But there is no LifeCam Front/Rear in my Device Manager. Can anyone shed some light on me to fix the fuzzy issue on front-facing camera? Thanks in advance

:)

JerryKT, May 15, 2020

2. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

After upgrade to windows 10 v1803, Self view is very fuzzy/distorted when using surface pro's front camera. This is very evident when selecting the resolution of 640x360p. This is seen on Microsoft camera app and other camera apps as well.

This was all fine before the windows upgrade.

Parvez_Ahmed, May 15, 2020
  3. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

I tried that. It did not help. Its only the camera video content that's fuzzy.

The symptoms point to camera delivering fuzzy frames at 360p resolution. Entire app looks sharp. Just the video from camera is fuzzy. Also this issue is specific to front camera of surface pro 4.

Moreover I see this in microsoft's camera app as well. Only after upgrade to 1803, this problem has started.

4. Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

Hi Malik,

That didn't help. I am attaching the screen shot to help you understand the problem.
    Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy [​IMG]

The fuzziness would go away for seconds when I change the focus of camera to nearby object (like bringing my hand in front of camera), but it would re-appear soon once focus shifts back. Also problem is seen with Surface Pro 4 and not with surface pro 3.

If i switch to 1280x720 for camera, the problem is not seen.

Thema:

Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

1. Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy - Similar Threads - Surface Pro self

2. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  3. Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 front facing camera not working: Hi, My Surface Pro 8 front facing camera is not working. Taking a picture with it on Camera app gives the 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout error, and pic/video function, doesn't work on the app or on any other app eg Teams. The rear camera works fine completely. I've...
  4. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  5. Microsft IR Camera Front missing from Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsft IR Camera Front missing from Surface Pro 6: Good day, I unistalled the Microsoft IR Camera driver from my Surface Pro6, how do I reinstall the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-ir-camera-front-missing-from-surface-pro/61cea09c-8a4c-4c7a-a114-3c48b2e11c5c
  6. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  7. Front Camera Fuzzy

Front Camera Fuzzy: My built in front camer on my Asus x409 is fuzzy. I've tried all the troubleshooting but no joy. I've got office 2019 Home Student. I need this camera for Zoom meetings this week. Please help...
  8. Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go

Front-facing Camera unavailable on Surface Go: Hello, Amongst all applications that utilize cameras, the only option I am provided with is use of the rear camera. This includes the Camera App, as well as Zoom video conferences, and Skype. I've done some sleuthing on the matter -- tried updating drivers and straight up...
  9. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...
  10. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803: After upgrade to windows 10 v1803, Self view is very fuzzy/distorted when using surface pro's front camera. This is very evident when selecting the resolution of 640x360p. This is seen on Microsoft camera app and other camera apps as well. This was all fine before the...