Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop measures from one table to another does not work in Power Bi Wasting loads of time sorting this out, having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TySoa, Sep 17, 2019.

1. TySoa Win User

Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi

Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop measures from one table to another does not work in Power Bi

Wasting loads of time sorting this out, having to go to home table to re-order measures under desired table.

This seems to be a lingering issue since 2016, is their a fix?

:)

TySoa, Sep 17, 2019

2. Microsoft Power BI Service not allowing RLS function

I surfed through blogs to understand about URL filtering method in power bi. But even though I follow all steps to implement the reports to be filtered in Power bi Service, am unsuccessful in it(not working).

My doubts :

1. Do I need to be a Power BI Pro license user? - If yes, of course, I am a pro user and still not able to do it in PBI Service.

2. Do I need to get some additional settings to be enabled in it? - Correct me if I am wrong.

My Question :

1. Is there any other steps to filter out the reports in PBI Service other than Option setting parameters and URL filtering method - Please suggest me the best way to implement.

2. Do I need to update versions of PBI Service - Currently it is in Version13.0.8383.170.

Niranjan (MS Developer), Sep 17, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Power BI

Hello James,

This issue with using Power BI requires advanced technical assistance. For you to get the most appropriate resolution, we suggest that you post your concern in our
    Power BI Community. From there, our team from Power BI who specializes with this software will assist you.

Let us know if you need further help with any Windows issue.

Paolo Mag, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi

Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi Rainer,

Allow me to assist you.

A quick question before we proceed.

What happens when you try to drag and drop attachments in Outlook 2016?

Let’s start Outlook in Safe Mode following steps mentioned below, then try drag and drop an attachment
    and verify the result.

* Hold Windows key + R.

* Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press
    Enter

Outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between Outlook and ‘/’.

If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in.

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

Hope it helps fix the drag and drop. Try the suggestion and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi

1. Surface Pro 6 Trackpad and Drag and Drop does not work in Power Bi - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Trackpad

2. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: I have a Surface Pro 6 and it's cameras are not working .I went into Device Manager and I found out that in System Devices the cameras were having problems such as, This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREand Device not migrated.Can someone please give me...
  3. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  4. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 - Power on Password required: Over the years, I have always added a power on password to my laptops. This has always been set up in the BIOS. I am now the owner of a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 v20H2 [a lovely machine I might add] but have not been able to figure out how to set up a power on...
  6. Surface pro 4 trackpad not working

Surface pro 4 trackpad not working: Help! I have a surface pro model that's built in 2016. The keyboard works but the trackpad stops working after an windows resetting. I wonder if anyone could help me in the right direction? When I check device manager, there is no device related to the trackpad. I wonder...
  7. Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working

Surface Pro 6 keyboard not working: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It just turned off and won't turn back on, even though I've done what others have suggested for similar problems force restarts,...
  8. Drag and Drop not Working on Windows 10/Microsoft Surface

Drag and Drop not Working on Windows 10/Microsoft Surface: I have a Microsoft Surface Book, around 3 months old. The drag and drop function works for a little while after rebooting and then just stops. I first noticed it in photoshop and thought it was a problem with the program. But have now realised it does it for everything, like...
  9. drag and drop does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"
  10. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...