Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community, So, this has been plaguing me since forever. I am on a Surface Pro 6. My Wifi that I connect is 5G. Issue: When I switch on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BirhangZ, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BirhangZ Win User

Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability

Hello community,

So, this has been plaguing me since forever.

I am on a Surface Pro 6.

My Wifi that I connect is 5G.

Issue:

When I switch on my Surface or wake her from sleep,

1. Takes about 10 - 15 seconds or more to connect to the Wifi

2. If not, I have to manually troubleshoot it for connection

The solutions I have tried,

1. Disabled Marvell AVASTAR and so on as per the post on Windows Central - Source How to fix Wi-Fi connection problem with 5GHz networks on Surface Windows Central

Is my Hardware faulty or is it the OS?

Honestly, these last few updates have been absolutely atrocious.

These are what I have,

Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability 57e3aae5-fa5d-4a42-b0c4-aa1a39420fbe?upload=true.jpg

:)

BirhangZ, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29 Surface

Source:

Brink, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

Source:

Brink, Jan 7, 2021
  4. wpcoe Win User

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Wifi

2. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface 6 pro WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface 6 pro WiFi: Since the last update my Surface 6 pro takes a while to automatically connect to WIFI. It was fine before the update. Its faster to manually connect. If I leave it after start up it can take 10 minutes but connects eventually. No issue with the router and all other W10 & W8.2...
  6. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  7. Surface Pro 6 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Brightness: I am unable to change my brightness! At 0 or 100 the brightness is the same, I have tried Powershell admin scan, updating drivers, going into power setting and into the display adaptors but nothing works. My computer is also up to date so there are no new updates, any help...
  8. Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6

Slow wifi on Surface Pro 6: Hi My Wifi is slow on my new Surface Pro 6. I get about 50Mbps (while on my phone I get 350 connected to the same wifi). I have read the disabling the bluetooth helps, and indeed it helps (still doesn't get the same speed as my mobile phone but reaches about 200). But I am...
  9. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a
  10. wifi instability

wifi instability: My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop. Many other devices in the house remain connected with no problem, so I believe it is isolated to this device which is running Windows 10...