Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to connect the LG portable DVD Writer to my Surface Pro 6, I het the following error message: "D:/ The director name is invalid". I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnRich6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. JohnRich6 Win User

Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer

When I try to connect the LG portable DVD Writer to my Surface Pro 6, I het the following error message: "D:/ The director name is invalid". I am using DVD-R discs. When I insert discs that my wife has, I can play them. I have about 2 dozen discs on which all my kids childhood memories are stored and need to transfer them to thumb drives for them to have. Help...

:)

JohnRich6, Aug 4, 2020
  2. RJHBD71 Win User

Cannot connect LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4

I am trying to connect a LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4 and after insuring all updates are current to my system and plugged directly into USB port of the surface it is not registering. I can hear the drive "whir" at start-up but nothing happens.

Any suggests?

Thanks

RJHBD71, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hi Manalulu,

In order to help you with your concern about your portable DVD writer not working with your Surface Pro, kindly answer the following questions first:

• How are you connecting the portable DVD writer to your Surface Pro?
    • Is this the first time you are going to connect these two devices?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you use the DVD writer to your Surface device? If you do, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer

Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hello Jesrael,

• Through USB.
    • Yes it is the first time.
    • No error messages.
    • Spotted it in the "Computer" as a DVD Drive and right clicked to open it and was asked which app it wanted me to open it with. Tried windows media but it could not open it.
    Regards,

Manalulu

Manalulu Osman, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer

1. Surface Pro 6 will not recognize D: drive with LG portable DVD writer - Similar Threads - Surface Pro recognize

2. LG Slim Portable DVD Writer doesn't even appear in Windows for me to Install It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Slim Portable DVD Writer doesn't even appear in Windows for me to Install It: Hello, I've got this problem that I've no idea how to solve...My computer is a Dell All in One Inspiron 20 and when I bought it, I also purchased a LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Model SP60NB50 in 2014 and... At that time with the Windows 8 I could install the driver and it...
  3. LG Slim Portable DVD Writer doesn't even appear in Windows for me to Install It

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG Slim Portable DVD Writer doesn't even appear in Windows for me to Install It: Hello, I've got this problem that I've no idea how to solve...My computer is a Dell All in One Inspiron 20 and when I bought it, I also purchased a LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Model SP60NB50 in 2014 and... At that time with the Windows 8 I could install the driver and it...
  4. LG Slim Portable DVD writer doesn't work

LG Slim Portable DVD writer doesn't work: Hi; I have the above DVD writer/player and it will not work I constantly get the error message "Directory drive is invalid", I have check deice manager and everything there seems to indicate that it should work. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Cannot connect LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4

Cannot connect LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4: I am trying to connect a LG Slim Portable DVD Writer to Surface Pro 4 and after insuring all updates are current to my system and plugged directly into USB port of the surface it is not registering. I can hear the drive "whir" at start-up but nothing happens. Any...
  6. LG plug and play portable DVD writer GP55EX70

LG plug and play portable DVD writer GP55EX70: I have Windows 10 system on ASUS laptop. When I insert plug and play LG DVD writer into USB port, I hear sound alert that a device is connected but do not get any pop up recognizing the new device or asking what software I want to use to open/play. Laptop bottom screen tool...
  7. LG Slim portable DVD Writer

LG Slim portable DVD Writer: I just received my new LG slim portable external DVD writer and cannot get it to work. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I have inserted the DVD that came with it and it seems to be read and a few minutes later the writer opens and says insert DVD. I have done this but am...
  8. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  9. LG ULTRA SLIM PORTABLE DVD WRITER GP60

LG ULTRA SLIM PORTABLE DVD WRITER GP60: HI, I have the aforementioned DVD player, but have lost the install disc and now it will not read CDs or DVDs. Can you help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-ultra-slim-portable-dvd-writer-gp60/4be70320-28fc-4625-a4f7-7c3bda4549cc
  10. LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's

LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's: LG Slim Portable DVD Writer, Model: SP80NB80; Manufactured May 2017; Rom Ver: RC00 As short as I can make it, I bought it from Amazon.com and had it shipped to me while deployed. I connected it to my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I can't remember if it came with a drive disk to...