Windows 10: Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

Discus and support Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access? I cannot access same. I assume it not formatted is main reason (my guess). or - my 128 GB is too big?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tilden Carlson, May 27, 2019.

1. Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

I cannot access same. I assume it not formatted is main reason (my guess). or - my 128 GB is too big?

How/what driver (?) I need to add?

Tocar

:)

Tilden Carlson, May 27, 2019

2. Problem accessing video files on SD card with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the content from SD card after upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to connect the SD card to different computer running Windows 10 and check if the same issue persists.

Step 2: As you are trying to access the content from the SD card, I suggest you to copy the content on to your laptop, check if you are able to view the content and access them.

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2019
  3. BLU Win Jr. SD Card issue

Hi Bob!

Thanks for writing on the Windows Phone Forum.

If I have understood the issue, your Win Jr. doesn’t recognize your SD Card.

Try to perform these steps until your phone will recognize the SD card (for a max number of 5).

• Switch off the phone.
    • Pick the SD card out.
    • Switch on the Phone.
    • Switch off the phone.
    • Insert the SD Card.
    • Check if the phone has detected it.
    • If no, repeat the sequence from point 1.

Bye,

Salvatore S., May 27, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

Booting Windows 10 on MacBook Pro via SD Card

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and I've always had this problem with storage. Sure, 128 GB is definitely enough, but having a Windows 10 partition at the same time completely reduces the amount of storage required for normal day to day usage for me. I found a solution where I would have an external MicroSD card with an adapter that fits in flush within the SD card slot so that it's portable as if it was never there. Although I'm aware that an SD card would slow things down, I still would like to boot Windows off of the 128 GB MicroSD card. After searching around the internet for a while, I still haven't found a way to do it. Here is what I have so far:

• A Windows 10 ISO image
    • A working VM of Windows 10 (will be deleted later)
    • Using a program called WintoUSB, the entire VM to my SD card
    • A .dmg file of the SD card contents

The SD card I have does contain the full suite of the required Windows drivers. I haven't tried because I haven't been able to yet, but from the given information, all I need to know at the moment is how to boot from the SD card. If it is required, I am OK with reinstalling any software or doing any steps over again.

Joshua Liu, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access?

1. Surface Pro 6, Win 10, SD card access? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro card

2. Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power: Greetings, I have a Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 10 Home, and because I'm running out of disk space, I'm using an SD card which I inserted in the card slot. I have some games as well as some code on it.The problem comes when a game or a code runs with a high power demand:...
  3. Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power: Greetings, I have a Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 10 Home, and because I'm running out of disk space, I'm using an SD card which I inserted in the card slot. I have some games as well as some code on it.The problem comes when a game or a code runs with a high power demand:...
  4. Surface Pro 6: SD card disconnects every time it uses a high computation power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  6. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  7. sd card not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card not accessible: I have updated my windows to a new version and now I have access issues with an SD card that is on my machine. The computer seems to know it's there as it's listed in my computer but it can't be read, has no letter assigned to the volume but I can't format it as it says...
  8. surface pro SD

surface pro SD: surface pro 4 SD, SD ? SD, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro/78a8a346-40a7-4c8b-a5fc-8755b1594606
  9. Win 10, Surface Pro 6 & "S"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10, Surface Pro 6 & "S": By accident, I Discovered my Windows Operating System on Surface Pro 6, carries a trailing "S" for surface. And it appears if I delete the S, any non-windows apps will fail (or be removed). True Yes/NO? Tried signing up for "TECH-NET", ASKED VERSION OF WINDOWS - MINE NOT...
  10. SD Card issue in my Surface Pro

SD Card issue in my Surface Pro: In my Surface Pro with Windows 10 O.S. , the add on storage (Micro SD Card) displays Storage Capacity ok (471Gb free of 500 GB) in This PC, but when i select all the contents properties of add on storage(512 GB Micro SD Card) ,it shows very less Storage used (i.e. 4 GB...