Windows 10: Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot

Discus and support Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title suggests. Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, using the main display and USB monitor in a dual display configuration. Monitor is connected to SP6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakeRaynor, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot

As the title suggests. Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, using the main display and USB monitor in a dual display configuration. Monitor is connected to SP6 at boot. Monitor is main display, SP6 display is secondary. Every time I boot, the SP6 display reverts it's orientation to "Landscape flipped". Please don't tell me go into display settings and manually change the orientation, clearly the problem is that I HAVE to do that every time I boot the device. It's evident that this one particular display setting is not being stored. It does not matter if orientation lock is on or off, the problem still persists. All other display settings are saved properly and are maintained at boot, only the orientation continues to change. I've uninstalled and update drivers, updated Windows, etc.

This problem is in parallel with the issue of keyboards no longer working after being detached and reattached, that is until I reboot the system. And once I do, I am greeted with my lovely, up-side-down lock screen wallpaper. I've already submitted a question for my keyboard issue, though. This device continues to frustrate me with an endless amount of minute issues. The display orientation, keyboard glitches, faulty pen, Microsoft account sign-in issues, etc. In my entire life, I've never regretted buying a Microsoft device more than I do right now.

I do not have a MS Store near me and therefor cannot just replace my device in-store. I'd have to do it via shipping, which, considering that my work and education are both online, is absolutely an unacceptable solution. As for resetting my device, I have a lot of other minute settings and changes that are maintained properly, in relation to my programming environment, so a reset would destroy that and kill a week's worth of productivity in just trying to get back to the same setup I mostly had beforehand. Basically, replacing the device is infeasible, and resetting it is going to cause me more problems than the amount I am currently dealing with. I need a solution to FIX my current device, avoiding system resets as much as possible.

:)

JakeRaynor, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Apr 10, 2020
  3. hrostoke Win User
    Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 when connected Dual display, can't see the login screen, it is seen on a single display.

Original title: Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 and Dual Monitor

I have Surface Pro 3 . I have Win 10. When connected to dual display - userid and password fields do not show. When only Surface 3 screen is running , then fields show. This happens on boot up and lock screen. I need to remove second screen cable and
    then field shows on surface screen. Any idea how to get dual screen to show fields.

hrostoke, Apr 10, 2020
  4. JonnyF007 Win User

Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot

different displays on dual monitors

I am running dual BenQ monitors from my surface pro 4 dock.

Despite identical setting on the monitors themselves, the displays are different.

Its very had to read text right hand monitor.

changing the cables doesn't make a difference.

Help!

JonnyF007, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot

1. Surface Pro 6 Windows 10 Dual Monitor Display Settings lost at boot - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Dual

2. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 6 - two external monitors: I am using a surface pro 6 - connected to a docking station 2 - several years lately having trouble recognizing both monitors - many attempts and then successful - the last two days - only recognizing one external monitor - - notification - "display maybe limited" - happend...
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  5. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Dual Boot on Surface Pro X

Dual Boot on Surface Pro X: Hi,I need to dual boot two different Windows 10 or 11 partitions on my Surface Pro X - is this possible ? I already tried to install Windows 10 to a different partition and boot from it, but it won't boot.Thanks...
  7. Surface pro 6 to 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Surface pro 6 to 4k monitor: How good will the quality be connecting a 4k monitor to my surface pro 6 via hdmi? res of pro 6 is 2736 x 1824 160433
  8. Display settings for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings for dual monitors: Im using dual monitors. Can I have different backgrounds for each monitor? I want to have a darker background on my larger monitor #2 as the current background reflects to brightly on my face for online meetings. Thank you, Gaia...
  9. Dual booting on Surface Pro 6

Dual booting on Surface Pro 6: I have a surface pro 6 and ive installed windows server 2016 on it. However every time i boot into Server 2016, it makes a low audible sound that repeats over and over. The best way to describe the sound is making the “p” sound softly with your lips. And when i boot back into...
  10. Surface Pro dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro dual monitor issue: I have a surface pro with windows 10. i wanted to extend my surface display to a second monitor (HP2311x) and i seem to be detecting the monitor in Device Manager. However, when i go to the Display panel to extend the display, it does not detect the second monitor. i have...