Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Just updated my brand new Surface Pro 7 (about 2 weeks old) and now the internal cameras aren't recognised. I really need this working for work Skype... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AmyC3, Dec 5, 2019.

1. AmyC3 Win User

Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

Just updated my brand new Surface Pro 7 (about 2 weeks old) and now the internal cameras aren't recognised. I really need this working for work Skype calls, so please help!

Many thanks

:)

AmyC3, Dec 5, 2019

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Dec 5, 2019
  3. dallasjim Win User
    Surface Pro 4 camera not working after latest Microsft update

Performed most of the above steps with the same outcome. Upon restart I get "Could not turn on the camera. Please sign on with PIN."

Thank you

dallasjim, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

Surface Pro 4 camera not working after latest Microsft update

The errors that I am receiving on all 7 Surface Pro 4 tablets are these...

• Windows 10 Camera App Error Code 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABE0)
    • Skype for Business 2016 “We didn’t detect a camera”

After the latest round of driver/firmware updates in September through WSUS, all of our Surface Pro tablets (7 of them) have lost their cameras.

In Device Manager, under “System Devices” I can see the Microsoft Camera Front/Back/IR drivers and there are no issues/errors for them. However, there is no “Imaging Devices” listed in Device Manager.

Here are all the steps I have taken.

1. I verified the system was up to date on Microsoft Updates.

2. I verified that all firmware and drivers are current and up to date. Downloaded and installed latest “SurfacePro4_Win10_15063_1704001_0.msi” drivers/firmware and installed.
    These are the same drivers that were pushed through WSUS.

3. I’ve ran “SFC /Scannow”.
    No issues found

4. I’ve ran “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
    Issues found and repaired. Ran second time and no issues found.

5. I’ve uninstalled and deleted the camera drivers under “System Devices” and reinstalled them with the newest version.

6. I uninstalled all antivirus software. No change.

7. I’ve turned off all cameras in UEIF BIOS, then logged in and verified that the camera devices did not show under “System Devices”. Then turned them back on in the BIOS and verified that they
    showed back up. But still no “Imaging Devices” listed and same errors for camera app and Skype.

8. I do not see any errors in the logs for drivers or anything related.

So the only thing left that I haven't done is to completely wipe and reimage one of these devices. These are our Executive devices and I'm reluctant to do this unless it's the only option.

I have already performed the steps you suggested and none of them resovled the issue. I do not know what else to try accept to reimage a devies to see if the cameras come back.

Are their any instuctions on rolling back firmware?

BrianFreeman1, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

1. Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - Surface Pro camera

2. MS Surface Pro 7 front camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Surface Pro 7 front camera not working: I have an MS Surface Pro 7 whose front camera doesn't work. Device Manager reports the device with a yellow exclamation mark and the status This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREI already googled quite extensively for that error but no suggestion so far...
  3. MS Surface Pro 7 front camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Surface Pro 7 front camera not working: I have an MS Surface Pro 7 whose front camera doesn't work. Device Manager reports the device with a yellow exclamation mark and the status This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREI already googled quite extensively for that error but no suggestion so far...
  4. Surface Pro 7 camera not working on windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 camera not working on windows 11 update.: Im not sure when it broke as I very rarely need my webcam, but I cannot find the drivers to update my webcam and it never starts. On intel there is no download for webcam drivers so I am not sure where to update it and identify what webcam my laptop uses....
  5. Surface Pro 7 camera not working on windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 camera not working on windows 11 update.: Im not sure when it broke as I very rarely need my webcam, but I cannot find the drivers to update my webcam and it never starts. On intel there is no download for webcam drivers so I am not sure where to update it and identify what webcam my laptop uses....
  6. camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro: When trying to use the camera app or skype or zoom apps the message "camera not found" appears. In the camera app the error code is "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" In the Properties window of the Device Manager the status is "This device can not be started. Code 10...
  7. Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues

Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues: I just purchased a Surface Pro 7 last summer and have been having camera issues for the last couple of months. First the camera quit taking pictures at all. Then, this morning, the camera stopped working on startup so Windows Hello is not working at all. When I go to take a...
  8. SURFACE PRO 7 CAMERA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SURFACE PRO 7 CAMERA: How does 1 update surface pro 7 camera and sound drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7-camera/a0e767c0-b3e1-4975-99c7-85b894624bd8
  9. Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates)

Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates): Hi there and thanks in advance for help. Yesterday my cover keyboard stopped working and I'm pretty sure it was right after the windows updates. I googled it and first tried the power button for 30 seconds, then power and volume up for 15 and so on, nothing fixed it. This...
  10. Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10

Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10: Camera never activates on aps and sites and trying to open the ap directly gives the error message: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x8007001F) It feels like ive tried everything, and im completley out of ideas on how to fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera surface pro 7 not working

2. surface pro 7 camera not working

3. surface pro 7 camera stopped working

4. surface pro 7 front camera not working,
  5. camera on surface pro 7 not working,
  6. front camera surface pro 7 not working,
  7. surfacepro 7 camera not working,
  8. surface pro 7 front camera not working white led,
  9. surface pro 7 camera app not working,
  10. surface pro 6 camera not working,
  11. surface pro 7 hello camera not working,