Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates)

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there and thanks in advance for help. Yesterday my cover keyboard stopped working and I'm pretty sure it was right after the windows updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paquette12, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates)

Hi there and thanks in advance for help.
    Yesterday my cover keyboard stopped working and I'm pretty sure it was right after the windows updates.
    I googled it and first tried the power button for 30 seconds, then power and volume up for 15 and so on, nothing fixed it.
    This morning I tried uninstalling the yesterday updates, nothing changes.
    I have this update, KB4528760, that I can't delete. Can't say if it is related or not.
    I also tried to install SurfacePro7_Win10_18362_20.014.39957.0 without any changes neither.

I can work with a logitech mouse and keyboard directly on the surface or even using the dock station, but can't get the cover keyboard to work back. The surface pro is only like 2 week old but I already spent so much time installing all my software and so on I would like to avoid going back.

Thanks for reading me.
    Martin

:)

Paquette12, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, Feb 14, 2020
  4. ellflo Win User

Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates)

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Register an account for this one. Just to let you know it worked for me!

ellflo, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates)

1. Surface Pro 7 Cover Keyboard stopped working (after windows updates) - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Cover

2. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working: I was using the keyboard fine yesterday and then the today it stopped working. I reset the computer, I cleaned the parts with alcohol, I went on Device Manager to Uninstalled and install the keyboard. I did all of this and still the keyboard won't work....
  3. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working: I was using the keyboard fine yesterday and then the today it stopped working. I reset the computer, I cleaned the parts with alcohol, I went on Device Manager to Uninstalled and install the keyboard. I did all of this and still the keyboard won't work....
  4. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 USB Port, Type Cover stopped working after Win - Update: A friend of mine sold me a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 16G RAM 512GB SSD cheap because it stopped partly working after he was updating to the lastest firmware. The USB Port and Type Cover is working normally when booting into the UEFI, it stops working after booting into...
  6. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  7. Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?: Just updated my brand new Surface Pro 7 (about 2 weeks old) and now the internal cameras aren't recognised. I really need this working for work Skype calls, so please help! Many thanks...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E...
  9. Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work

Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work: I have tried every fix offered by Microsoft and those I could find on the internet. After a recent update, my Surface Type Cover keyboard stopped working. The backlight and track pad work fine....
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...