Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ettore Pancini, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

Happened four times during one month.

SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter.

Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed.

Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900.

Upon waking up from sleep, the external monitor image shows up, but mouse appears frozen and a few seconds later I get a blue screen followed by a restart. Event viewer shows BugCheck events and Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power events.

system event logs

minidumps four, one for each bsod

I also have MEMORY.DMP, I can share them if needed

:)

Ettore Pancini, Jan 4, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 4, 2020
  3. ahmd Win User
    Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

ahmd, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

Surface pro 3 went to sleep and won’t wake up.

I normally close the screen on my surface pro 3 and it goes to sleep. I did that last night and a few hours later opened the screen and it didnt wake up. I pressed the power key and it still wouldnt start up. I even pressed and held the key for about 30
    seconds and it still wouldnt open. My computer is 5 years old and ive never had any problems. I have done all suggestions listed on the microsoft website as well as other computer support sites. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SharonC341, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

1. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Surface Pro crashes

2. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep: Hi,For the past 2 months or so, my laptop crashes sometimes when i wake it up from sleep. It does not happen everytime. So far I have tried1. Waking up the laptop when it is connected to power - to eliminate any battery related issues2. Updated graphics drivers of both...
  3. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep: Hi,For the past 2 months or so, my laptop crashes sometimes when i wake it up from sleep. It does not happen everytime. So far I have tried1. Waking up the laptop when it is connected to power - to eliminate any battery related issues2. Updated graphics drivers of both...
  4. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  6. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  7. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep: Hi all, I have a Surface Pro 7 with the latest Windows 10 updates installed, and since installing the latest updates, I have found that every time I wake up my surface from sleep, my taskbar is frozen. I found a workaround to restart Windows Explorer through the Task...
  8. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  9. Kernel crash when waking up from sleep

Kernel crash when waking up from sleep: Hi. I have an ASUS TP300L. Everything was going quite fine, but one day, a bug arose: the laptop crash when resuming from sleep (I think that's an hybrid sleep). When I "power on" the computer, the ASUS logo shows up with a spinning wheel, then the screen blink, and the ....
  10. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 crashes after sleep