Windows 10: Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake

Discus and support Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've set up my Surface Pro 7 to automatically sign in after booting. I've set the "require sign in" option to never. I have disabled "show lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by marcgii, Feb 16, 2021.

1. marcgii Win User

Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake

I've set up my Surface Pro 7 to automatically sign in after booting. I've set the "require sign in" option to never. I have disabled "show lock screen background picture on login screen" option. But Windows is still showing the lock screen when I wake the device. How do I turn the lock screen off completely?

:)

marcgii, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Eric J F Win User

Cannot Disable Lock Screen Upon Wake

I want my Surface Pro 4 (W10 Pro) to wake from sleep straight to the start screen. Since the Anniversary update, I get the lock screen that has to be swiped first. Note I am NOT talking about the log in screen; I've already disabled that.

I've tried many suggestions that don't work. For instance, renaming the system apps 'lock screen app' and creating a scheduled task replace the wake lock screen with a log in screen. Registry hacks don't work any more.

Has anyone found a way to bypass the lock screen upon wake?

Eric J F, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake

1. Surface Pro 7. Disable lock screen after wake - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Disable

2. Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 Locked Out: Device: Surface Pro 7. OS - Windows 11. No Display, No Camera & No Wifi. External Display works via the Dock, but it shows "Something Happened & Your Pin is Not Available". Here I get two options. 1 is to set a new pin, for which it tries to go to the Microsoft App Store But...
  3. Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 Locked Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 Locked Out: Device: Surface Pro 7. OS - Windows 11. No Display, No Camera & No Wifi. External Display works via the Dock, but it shows "Something Happened & Your Pin is Not Available". Here I get two options. 1 is to set a new pin, for which it tries to go to the Microsoft App Store But...
  4. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  5. surface pro 7

surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  6. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  8. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  9. Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7: I have a problem with my surface it connot connect to the speaker and Mikrofon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/7a504d5c-8dfb-4cae-8b0a-987e5dabb8fc
  10. Surface Pro Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro Wake On Lan: Hi all I am on a Surface Pro 6 running the 20H2 Windows 10 build. Plugged into Surface dock with ethernet cable and AC always powered. Trying to get Wake On Lan working on it. Have installed the WOL driver from Microsoft here:...