Windows 10: Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution

Discus and support Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 7, with the Microsoft Dock and Two Dell Monitors. The system has been working reliably since installation - about two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JGreg7, Nov 27, 2020.

1. JGreg7 Win User

Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution

I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 7, with the Microsoft Dock and Two Dell Monitors. The system has been working reliably since installation - about two years previously used with a MSP4.

Recently, my Dell monitors have been flickering, and occasionally going blurry see image below. The flickering consists of the screen going black for a couples of seconds, then coming back. Sometimes, when this happens, the text goes blurry. Pulling the blurry windows to the other monitor shows a normal display. This seems to alternate between the two monitors and always seems to occur in the monitor I am working in.

Re-starting the dock usually solves the blurry text problem.

Note: while this happens most frequently on my left monitor, it happens the same way to both.

- I have been using the same configuration for several years now, however this issue started about a month ago.

- I have run sfc/scannow and returned no issues.

- I have updated the windows 10 OS and device manager reports the drivers are the latest version is installed.

Any ideas how to fix this?

---

System information: Monitors 2,

Dell P2312H using HDMI input in a dual monitor configuration.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Professional, ver.Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution [​IMG] 2004 - 64 bit, 16GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Drive - with Microsoft Surface Pro docking station

Windows update show it is up to date.

:)

JGreg7, Nov 27, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

Our company has several Surface pros in use from 2, 3 and a few 4's. We are using dual monitors with several of them. We are trying to get the best all-around connection to them but still loose monitors occasionally. Sometimes it’s an issue trying to
    reconnect them. We use some Docking Station's with the StarTech MSTMDP123DP with display port to DVI at the monitors for some users. We are also trying the Surface Dock. We are having an issue with the Surface Dock right now using the Mini Display to a DVI
    on a Samsung S24C200 Monitor or Mini Display to Display Port on the monitor side using the Samsung S24E450DL monitor. When plugged into the Dock the monitor will not show, just a black screen, but it is recognized on the surface. Sometimes it will show the
    image but not use the whole monitor even at recommended resolution. If I plug it in on the Display port on the surface itself it works perfect. Should we be using an active monitor cable with the Surface Dock. Please review this and help with a solution. What
    is the best performance monitors and cabling without an extreme cost? Thanks for your help.

Tuckermouse1, Nov 27, 2020
  3. andruszd Win User
    Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set for the machine never to go to sleep even if the lid is shut.
    Has anyone had this issue and is there a permanent fix out there from Microsoft for this??

andruszd, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution

Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4, two docking stations, two external monitors, keyboards and bluetooth mice.

Up until two weeks ago, everything worked great. (since December)

Then, (after an update) the Surface Pro 4 monitor does not go full screen. There is a wide black border and it has to be extended each time.

I put the Surface Pro 4 on the Pro 3 dock and same thing. (Yes, they are the identical dock, monitor and keyboard)

Surface Pro 3 works great on both docks so it is not the docks, monitors or cables.

This is getting frustrating.

JackRodenburg, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution

1. Surface Pro 7, Dual Monitors with Dock, Blanking Screen, Poor Resolution - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Dual

2. Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...: Surface Pro i7Docking StationWindows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1766If I drop the keyboard so I can see the built-in monitor it has a resolution of 1920x1200. and the same is true for the attached external monitor. When I raise the keyboard close it the resolution of...
  3. Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...: Surface Pro i7Docking StationWindows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1766If I drop the keyboard so I can see the built-in monitor it has a resolution of 1920x1200. and the same is true for the attached external monitor. When I raise the keyboard close it the resolution of...
  4. Have Surface Pro i7 In A Docking Station With A Monitor Attach - Resolution Changes...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  6. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  7. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Dual Monitor resolution

Dual Monitor resolution: I just bought 2 new monitors and hooked up to my laptop. I am having an issue with not being able to set them up for the same resolution. They have different recommended display resolutions and the one monitor doesn't have the option for the better option. What can i do to...
  9. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  10. Surface Pro dual monitor issue

Surface Pro dual monitor issue: I have a surface pro with windows 10. i wanted to extend my surface display to a second monitor (HP2311x) and i seem to be detecting the monitor in Device Manager. However, when i go to the Display panel to extend the display, it does not detect the second monitor. i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 dock flickering