Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As soon as I select something to watch in Netflix, my Surface Pro 7 freezes. I have run the troubleshooter, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elvira Brand, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix

As soon as I select something to watch in Netflix, my Surface Pro 7 freezes. I have run the troubleshooter, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing works. This seems to be an ongoing problem when using video. When using Teams with my students, I had the same problem. For the cost of this device, I shouldn't have to deal with these issues. My drivers were also corrupt and had to be reinstalled.

Can you fix this?

:)

Elvira Brand, Jul 3, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 3, 2020
  4. itsakjt Win User

Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix

My pc freezes when watching Netflix

Since you are on Windows 10 (from your system specs), use the Netflix app from Windows store. I use it with the system as listed on my specs and it is good.

itsakjt, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix

1. Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix - Similar Threads - Surface Pro freezes

2. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing had worked. The touchpad...
  3. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing had worked. The touchpad...
  4. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing did work. The touchpad is...
  5. surface pro 7

surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  6. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  7. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  8. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  9. Win 10 2004 Freezing Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 2004 Freezing Surface Pro 7: For the last few weeks my Win 10 2004 is freezing up. It seems to happen the most when I am using a browser, or when running MS Teams. It will freeze up and become completely unresponsive to the point where I cannot get into the task manager or open/close any programs, and...
  10. Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard: Hi guys, just got my new surface 7. Upgraded from surface 4. The old surface 4 gave me blue screen every time I tried to use the track pad or any keys on the surface keyboard. This happened after a microsoft update a couple of years ago. I followed every discussion board...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 keeps freezing