Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KelvinT_0424, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a few second it was completely shut. Then i click the power button nothing worked, then i holed the power button then it turned on. my power & sleep setting are all on never. please help me.

:)

KelvinT_0424, Dec 27, 2021
  2. andruszd Win User

Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set for the machine never to go to sleep even if the lid is shut.
    Has anyone had this issue and is there a permanent fix out there from Microsoft for this??

andruszd, Dec 27, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?

The Sony TV has a Android OS that can receive AirPlay (Apple) and your Surface Pro 7 has Windows.
    I suggest you go to a Sony forum and ask how to connect a Windows Surface Pro 7 wireless to your Sony TV.

Megahertz, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

1. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down - Similar Threads - Surface Pro randomly

2. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  3. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  4. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down: So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a few second it was completely shut. Then i click the power button nothing worked, then i holed the power button then it turned...
  6. Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 randomly shutting down: So, i was watching youtube then my laptop just randomly shut down it said something lock, i didn't see it very clearly it was very fast, and after a few second it was completely shut. Then i click the power button nothing worked, then i holed the power button then it turned...
  7. Surface pro 7 randomly shutting down

Surface pro 7 randomly shutting down: Hi - surface pro 7 has suddenly started shutting down randomly - whether plugged in or battery it stays on for 1-4 minutes then shuts down requiring me to restart. It isn’t sleeping and I’ve changed all the sleep settings but it doesn’t make any difference. Tried to run...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning: I've had my Surface Pro 7 for just over 2 months now and I recently started to notice that, while disconnected from power, the battery has been draining significantly faster. Not to mention, my device will occasionally shut down for no reason if I leave it idle for more than...
  9. Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly: I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set...
  10. Surface Pro continually shutting down

Surface Pro continually shutting down: My surface Pro continually shuts down every two minutes or less regardless of sleep and shut down times selected for battery and plugged in operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-continually-shutting-down/e37063eb-d33c-41a4-893f-202467a342a3